Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Future Intellivision Podcast?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    967

    Question Future Intellivision Podcast?

    Well, simply put... I'm thinking about starting an Intellivision podcast. It's my favorite retro console - got my first one in 1980/81 - and I continue to enjoy it to this day. I have a great deal of knowledge of the system, have a substantial collection of both hardware and software, and am fairly certain I wouldn't run out of things to say about it!

    As far as I know, there isn't an Intellivision-specific podcast out there. I know the console has been mentioned and featured on other podcasts (including RGR, Stalking The Retro, The Retroist), but after checking out the Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast, I feel like the Intellivision needs some more representation. Having said that, I wouldn't copy the format of the 2600 Game By Game podcast, as I have a lot of other ideas for content beyond that.

    With that in mind, I would like to work with another person on this; a co-host, if you will. In general, I feel like podcasts are more interesting when there's interplay between people. The co-host would need to be someone who is also an Intellivision junkie, like myself. I'm sure there are a few of them here.

    I envision doing different segments and such, but the details could be worked out once a co-host is found, as I'm sure they would have many ideas to contribute as well. And of course I'd want to have guests and interviews and such, to keep things interesting. And I would handle the production side of things, including music (obviously), so the co-host wouldn't be required to do any heavy lifting.

    I don't have an exact time frame for this, or know for sure that it will happen at this point. I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone is interested in the idea. Granted, my free time is pretty well limited these days, with my various projects, business, family, but I could make room for something like this - maybe not once a month, but some sort of regular schedule.

    So... any takers?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ipswich, MA
    Posts
    545

    Default

    I brought it up in the Stalking the Retro topic, it sounds like something I could get behind. I already had a domain purchased a couple years ago to do an Intellivision podcast of my own. Had a name, and was trying to put together an iTunes logo.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    I brought it up in the Stalking the Retro topic, it sounds like something I could get behind. I already had a domain purchased a couple years ago to do an Intellivision podcast of my own. Had a name, and was trying to put together an iTunes logo.
    Hey, thanks for the interest, Burgertime. Sounds like we should talk.

  4. #4
    Vipp Guest

    Default

    Sweet. Looks like the first intellivision Podcast was born right here. I can't wait to hear it guys.

    The Intellivision Podcast 1200X1200 PXL.jpg

    The Intellivision Podcast OR: How i learned how to turn off Atari and love Mattel... Lol. sorry guys i had to drop an image here.
    Last edited by Vipp; 25-04-13 at 01:26.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Sweet. Looks like the first intellivision Podcast was born right here. I can't wait to hear it guys.

    The Intellivision Podcast 1200X1200 PXL.jpg

    The Intellivision Podcast OR: How i learned how to turn off Atari and love Mattel... Lol. sorry guys i had to drop an image here.
    Sweet! Looks like the official graphic artist of the show has been found! And again, Vipp, you are hitting close to home. I started out with a 2600, but after playing my then best friend (and next door neighbor's) Intellivision, I sold off my entire 2600 collection in order to fund the purchase of my first Intellivision. I was around 13 years old at the time.

  6. #6
    Vipp Guest

    Default

    I'm happy to help buddy.

  7. #7
    focusrs Guest

    Default

    Vipp is awesome with his mad graphcis skills Kicks my ass at Canabalt and does great artwork to boot!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ipswich, MA
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    Sweet! Looks like the official graphic artist of the show has been found! And again, Vipp, you are hitting close to home. I started out with a 2600, but after playing my then best friend (and next door neighbor's) Intellivision, I sold off my entire 2600 collection in order to fund the purchase of my first Intellivision. I was around 13 years old at the time.
    I had the Intellivision as my first system, but my cousin had the 2600. Since we lived a 10 minute bike ride from each other, it was a matter of what we wanted to play to see who's house we wanted to hang out at. Still had my Intellivision up into the NES era, and didn't pass it along until the PS1. It went to my grandfather, and then came back to me along with his SNES when he passed away.

  9. #9
    focusrs Guest

    Default

    My intelly got sold off when I went to college unfortunately. Picked up another one last year then promptly sold it to Indieseoul. Today I just found at Ed Mkay's bookstore a Intelly game I had not heard of (I picked it up and will show it in my pickup vid this weekend) it is called Mr. Basic Meets Bits n Bytes. It has 3 neat mini games on it I have been playing in emulation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul S.Korea
    Posts
    884
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default

    Awesome idea Nurmix! I know from talking with you that your love of the Intellivision knows no bounds. Can't wait to hear the first episode and Burgertime would make a great Co-host. Vipp's graphic design work is incredible. Can't wait to hear the first "Intellicast" episode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Retro Gaming RoundUp