Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2013, October 5th-6th

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s1500 View Post
    I think I'll splurge on the non-jail places to say. I was thinking PRGE was in a hotel convention floor(a la MGC), but this be different, so there's more options.
    it used to be, now it is in a full-blown convention center.

    it's kindof mind blowing actually. honestly, i don't want it to get any bigger/more expensive like your typical comic convention.

  2. #52
    s1500 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid View Post
    it used to be, now it is in a full-blown convention center.

    it's kindof mind blowing actually. honestly, i don't want it to get any bigger/more expensive like your typical comic convention.
    Pinball Expo was in a hotel's convention room, and was VERY expensive. The funny part about that is that show floor size, it was a mere fraction of MGC. MGC? Dirt cheap admission and it's overflowing with pinball, and console & arcade gaming.

    Not going to Expo again.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s1500 View Post
    Pinball Expo was in a hotel's convention room, and was VERY expensive. The funny part about that is that show floor size, it was a mere fraction of MGC. MGC? Dirt cheap admission and it's overflowing with pinball, and console & arcade gaming.

    Not going to Expo again.
    that is some good ol-timey chicago corruption there.

    its shocking how stern stayed in business operating out of that city

  4. #54
    s1500 Guest

    Default

    Looks like Ground Kontrol is a quick ride via the green line to/from the convention center.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    4,470
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s1500 View Post
    Looks like Ground Kontrol is a quick ride via the green line to/from the convention center.
    ... and well worth the trip.

    Beware, though there will be Portland locals on the tram. You may want to walk.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

  6. #56
    s1500 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    ... and well worth the trip.

    Beware, though there will be Portland locals on the tram. You may want to walk.
    I live in St. Paul, which is next to Minneapolis. The counter-culture hipsterdom of Uptown Minneapolis has been compared to Portland. In fact, Fred Armisen said Minneapolis influenced the show. Should be nothing new to me.

    If I'm yelled at as a member of the patriarchy, I'll take it as a compliment.

  7. #57
    s1500 Guest

    Default

    Okay so it's a month & a half away. Who all is going?

  8. #58
    Tricky X Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s1500 View Post
    Okay so it's a month & a half away. Who all is going?
    I'll be at PRGE as always.

  9. #59

    Default

    I'll be there. And this time I'm joining Scott and The Mikes if they are headed to Ground Kontrol. Sorry I couldn't make it last year guys but I'm totally up for it this time!

  10. #60
    s1500 Guest

    Default

    Should we do a quick on-the-fly meetup for those that frequent this forum?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Retro Gaming RoundUp