Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arcade / Blacklight Carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    I would snake an LED rope light down the duct to get that glow all the time, the LED ropes pull very little power and last for years.
    Good idea! just to clarify, since you can't really tell from the photo, the wall with the vents is the one that was put up to divide the garage, so there isn't any duct work, just cutouts on both sides to allow a little air in. But there's room enough inside the cutouts to do rope light - I can run from the back (garage) side of the wall and snake it into each vent area. I already have the rope light too.

Here are a couple shots of the other side of the wall... one during construction, the other showing the entrance / curtain side of the arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    That would be a very expensive feature. I love the Satan's hollow cabinet, You should get that guy for Arcade USA in to do a video.
    Thanks. Yeah, Satan's Hollow is in really fantastic condition. It just took a little cleaning up with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and some wood cleaner / polish. Who's the Arcade USA guy?

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    Can't believe how quickly that project came together! You have way more drive (and time!) than my good self. Looks awesome... congrats!
    Thanks, Shaun. There have definitely been a lot of man hours invested in this project! It was about 7.5 months since I originally got the cabs (at which time only 2 really worked), so I guess that I did this fairly quickly.

There were some arguments with my wife about the time involved for sure. If you haven't already done so, listen to the latest episode of Stalking The Retro to hear all about the arcade.

Now you know why I just got around to troubleshooting your Defender!

Blog Entries

Our very own Focus RS does a youtube series called Arcade USA where he checks out arcades all over the country.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

focusrs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    Our very own Focus RS does a youtube series called Arcade USA where he checks out arcades all over the country.
    Yep, and now I Have Nurmix on my list now I may be out in that area later this summer on business, going to try to coordinate the trip to go game huntin with Socal and such. would be cool to do a show of Arcade USA at both Socal's arcade and Nurmix!

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Yep, and now I Have Nurmix on my list now I may be out in that area later this summer on business, going to try to coordinate the trip to go game huntin with Socal and such. would be cool to do a show of Arcade USA at both Socal's arcade and Nurmix!
    Drop me a line when you're headed this way.

I got the black lights up this past weekend. There are 6 on the ceiling and one on the wall near the curtain / entrance. I still have to tidy up and hide some of the power wires, but man do they make that carpet pop! Even with all the games on and the disco lights.

And Scott, I picked up some remote controlled multi-colored multi-function LED light strips. They are going in behind the vents as soon as I get some free time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123