Thread: Cheap awesome titles on Live

Blog Entries

Default Cheap awesome titles on Live

I go through and search titles all the time, and I've found some really good cheap games, that I highly recommend.

Chtulhu Saves The World. - Done in a style similar to early Dragon Warrior carts on the Nes, this game gives you control of some awesome characters, including your main protagonist, Cthulhu himself, to redeem himself and the peoples of the land. The gameplay is really well handled here, and seems to capture both the actual fun of these games, as well as poking fun at the genre in general. It runs 800 live points, and is seriously worth it. I finished the game in just under 10 hours, and that was cutting corners. I really think any classic fans of the old turn based rpgs will have a great time with this.

Doritos Crash Course- I could not have expected the level of fun I got out of this. The game basicly puts your character/avatar on a ninja warrior style obstacle course, and gives you medals for completing it in a certain amount of time. So far, there are only three levels, but each one offers its own style of challenges. Good for everyone who likes a platformer, I'd say give this one a try. It can;t hurt, its free.

X-men Arcade/ Turtles in Time - Two classic beat em up's hosted on the live service, both retain the arcadey goodness of the originals. Turtles in time has been updated with new graphics, and looks amazing. The classic X-men still harkens back to hours of woebegone quarters, and dead sentinels as far as the eye can see. I loved both of these, and at 400 points a piece, they are still worth every digital penny.

South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play- A tower defense game with an increasingly infuriating difficulty. I really liked how it worked elements of the show into the game, as well as making a really good, challenging tower defense game. It also has a metric crap pile of bonus content, including unlockable characters, master levels, and clips from the actual show. This is one of the more pricey titles and will set you back 1200 live points, but is well worth it.

Also, X-box live tends to pander to us classic gamers with a line up of older titles like Castlevania- symphony of the night, The first soul calibur, A few of the SNK fighters, the sonic games, and my personal favorite, the Worms Series. Every title here is something I own, and would love to play with any of the other forumites. Check it out, when you get the chance.
    Josh Wright

Reviewer for Game Gavel.com

My Email

My profile

Mr. Booshy on Steam

Blog Entries

Dorito's Crash Course
    Family Game Night (I bought "Sorry" for my daughter when it was on sale)
    Puzzle Fighter HD
    Doom
    Outrun Online Arcade
    Galaga
    Zombie Apocalypse
    Magic the Gathering
    TMNT 1989
    Castle Crashers
    Matt Hazard Blood Bath and Beyond
    Uno
    Pinball FX
    Astropop
    Geometry Wars
    Geometry Wars 2
    Chime
    Puzzle Quest
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Altered Beast
    Final Fight Double Impact
    Super Contra
    Contra
    Aegis Wing (free horizontal shooter)
    Golf : Tee it Up!
    Serious Sam HD The First Encounter
    Ikaruga
    TMNT Turtles in Time
    Trials HD
    Yaris
    Triggerheart Excelica
    Jewel Quest
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Smash TV
    Puzzle Bobble Live
    Defense Grid
    Peggle
    Shadow Complex
    Invincible Tiger
    Robotron 2084
    Pac-Man Championship Edition
    Time Pilot
    Streets of Rage II
    Warlords
    Monkey Island SE
    Frogger
    Madballs Babo : Invasion
    Gauntlet
    The Maw
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD
    Luxor 2
    New Rally-X
    Pac-Man
    Feeding Frenzy
    Mr. Driller Online
    Rez HD
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Galaga Legions
    Dash of Destruction
    Golden Axe
    Soul Calibur
    Wik : Fable of Souls
    Boom Boom Rocket
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Vigilante 8
    Hexic HD
    Marathon Durandal
    Worms

And I don't feel like going through and listing the indie games, because I've got close to 200 of them. I've reviewed a good chunk of them on my site though.

And on PSN, due to limited hard drive space (I've only got a 20GB hard drive in there, and with the goddamn mandatory installs from most games I'm very limited)

Modern Combat : Domination
    Uno
    Dead Nation
    Battlefield 1943
    Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
    DeathSpank
    PixelJunk Shooter
    Shatter
    Anarchy Rush Hour
    Section 8

And PSN Minis
    N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
    Age of Zombies
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

Blog Entries

Some great indie games that are also super cheap include:

Soulcaster for 240pts ($3) - think Gauntlet with a lot more interesting gameplay

Breath of Death VII 80pts ($1) - top down rpg aka Ultima. This one is filled with humorous text from the characters

Globe Clicker 240pts - find the spot and click it on the globe. Enough variety to really teach you some geography

Bricks4Ever 80pts - will make you want to attach a spinner to your 360. There is no need to pay for another classic game in this genre when you can get this one for $1

Ninja Bros 80pts - platform and puzzle solving gameplay with brightly colored ninjas!

Avatar Drop 80pts - physics-engine, test kind of game where your avatar and up to 3 others fall through various hoops yelping and bouncing around as they gain speed. Laugh with your family as you play this for seconds (maybe even minutes) at a time. You'll get your dollar back in giggles.

Gerbil Physics 80pts - (apparently there is also a sequel for 80pts) Throw stuff at a stack of blocks with Gerbils on them as they make endearing little noises.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoshWright View Post
    X-men Arcade/ Turtles in Time - Two classic beat em up's hosted on the live service, both retain the arcadey goodness of the originals. Turtles in time has been updated with new graphics, and looks amazing. The classic X-men still harkens back to hours of woebegone quarters, and dead sentinels as far as the eye can see. I loved both of these, and at 400 points a piece, they are still worth every digital penny.
    X Men arcade is 800 points and so is Turtles in Time Re-Shelled. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade is 400pts. I'm watching every week for X men to go on sale for 400pts, so if that happens I'll try to post here.

Blog Entries

Another good indie title is Decimation X - 80pts for a really nice Space Invaders update

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d8025855040a

Shoot1up is a fun Indie game, only 80 points.