Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G'Day from Downunder

Ahh cool, Have already Liked your FB page but have not had a look through it yet, will do now. Looking forward to the video walkthrough as it sounds like an awesome set up. Did some YouTube surfing today of private arcades http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqxfDnmRB1M&feature=fvw was my favourite (im guessing you may even know him)
    Also really looking forward to futher Pinball Wizard episodes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Great interviews in the last few ones.
    Scott just did one that is great for very different reasons. It is a must listen and is upcoming soon.

What happened to your Pinball for Pinball Wizard segment miner2049er - is it still an ongoing project??
    I haven't touched the physical table in a long time and as Scott says, he has my boards and is part way through working on them. There will be an update in the show soon.

Once the table actually runs and I can play it, I will begin the restoration of the physical aspects of the playfield etc, and depending how much I like it, I will either do a thorough restore or look to trade it for a table I will want to keep long term.

miner2049er really love your MAME machine how it is set up and the look of it.
    I added some videos here of it now running Computer Space and Pong, as well as a Zoltan video.

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/videos

My biggest decision now is what style of cab Im going to build, like the looks of DK, Ms Pacman and Galaga to name just a few.
    You can find patterns and cutting plans for those cabs somewhere if you are doing a new build.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    You can find patterns and cutting plans for those cabs somewhere if you are doing a new build.
    Yeah found the plans of different cabs here: www.jakobud.com also a few other sites also. lol thats why im so confused on what I want.
    Have been going through old threads on the forum and saw your pong thread - great to see that you got pong going in MAME.
    Looking forward to the interviews and the progress of your pin.

Blog Entries

Hey Kombi,

I am chiming in kind of late here, but welcome! Is that your Kombi in your avatar. Sweet, we have always wanted to get a VW bus here in So Cal. There are lots of them out here. Glad you are enjoying the show

Heya GameGavel, Thanks for the welcome - thats the trifecta of hosts now lol.
    Have to say love Miked up, started watching some of your Big Game hunter videos last night also - brilliant.
    I would love to say that the 23 window Kombi in my Avatar is mine - but sadly no. I took that at the Australian VW nationals - its a when I win lotto thing. Only own an Kombi engine at the moment that I am trying to work on. Have Twins starting Private High School this year and the joke at my house at the moment is when someone asks - how much does it cost? they reply that it costs dad a Kombi a year to send them - then they all laugh (wife included) - funny little shits arent they lol.
    I did see some sweet Kombi's in So Cal when I back packed the States about a decade ago especially love the Westfalia camper variants. Kombis over here did get a little rare over the last few years as the English were buying them all up and shipping them there - big kombi scene over there now especially with the camping festival weekends they have. But that was when the Pound got 3 Aus$ now the Aussie dollar is strong (at parity against the US$) and its not happening so much now.

Blog Entries

You know, Subaru is pretty popular in Australia, in fact many of the innovations in mods were created there. Subaru engines are an easy swap into VWs. Imagine that bus with an STi 2.5T belting out 500hp. Or if you want to puss out go with the 2.2T at 220hp. You know you want to convert.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

I plan on buying one at some point but I want the model with brakes and electrics.

What's the hire company down under that hires out nothing but kombis and graffiti them up? We saw tons of them when we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    You know, Subaru is pretty popular in Australia, in fact many of the innovations in mods were created there. Subaru engines are an easy swap into VWs. Imagine that bus with an STi 2.5T belting out 500hp. Or if you want to puss out go with the 2.2T at 220hp. You know you want to convert.
    Yes Subaru is big in Oz, a lot of my family and mates have owned WRX's and a few STi's, also a few blokes at work have them. My wife wants her next car to be a WRX.
    Beetle owners in Oz use to put porsche engines in for easy power boost but now they all put the Subaru flat fours in - fits straight in and all the VW mod shops sell the adapter plates. Havent seen to many Subaru engines in Kombis but have seen a few V6 and V8's in them. Just a shame they cant stop lol.
    Last edited by Kombi; 27-01-11 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    What's the hire company down under that hires out nothing but kombis and graffiti them up? We saw tons of them when we were there.
    Their are a few companies that hire out Kombi campers - especially to the Brittish Backpackers. The company that graffiti's the vans is www.wickedcampers.com.au but they do all vans now like Tarago's and stuff - and you do see them on all the highways.

You would have plenty of Kombis to choose from - all bloody Australian ones!!! I get the VWCamper magazine from England (Brilliant) and all the companies selling Kombis have under their adverts "just arrived from Oz!"

Blog Entries

Ha! My neighbour, a guy I went to school with, imported one from Florida complete with surfboard attached to the roof.

I have another friend who restores them too. The wickedcampers ones are the ones I was thinking of. We saw tons of them and they were pretty well done for the most part.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12