Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Retro Gaming Roundup Top 10 Soundboard App for Android.

Blog Entries

Smile My Retro Gaming Roundup Top 10 Soundboard App for Android.

This app is now available on the Android Market. Just search rgr and you will find it!

Hello! I am a big fan of the RGR podcast. In honor of this podcast and also because I like messing around with Google's app inventor I made a simple little soundboard app. It is my top 10 of RGR's top ten lists. It's kind of a useless app but then again most soundboards are. You can check out the app and what it does by watching this youtube video I made of it in action. I am a noob at making apps as you can probably tell by this video.
    Last edited by indieseoul; 12-08-11 at 11:06. Reason: update

Blog Entries

Hello again! If for some odd reason or the other you are interested in downloading and installing this app to your android phone then here is a link to the final version all links to the beta version have been removed. Latest Version

This is an app made using app inventor for Android. Therefore I cannot upload it to the Android market as of now. I guess they don't want 1 million different soundboard apps for some reason. Perhaps they are afraid of the Android market becoming like itunes with their 100 or so fart apps! Really Socal? You bought an IPAD? It should work for any android phone that you may have. I'm not sure about that I've only tested it so far on my own HTC Desire running Froyo. If it doesn't work for you I'm so sorry but I'm am a noob at using app inventor and all I know for sure is that it works on my phone and my wife's HTC desire. That is what wives are for.... cooking and programming experiments!
    It's a small app just under 7mbs so try it out once and delete it like I usually do with free apps that waste my time. Anyway as far as I know it is the first unofficial Retro Gaming Roundup Ap available! If the RGR guys find this offensive in anyway (I do LOL) then please delete my post and make tons of fun of me on your super F'ing long retro podcast. Love you guys and keep up the awesome sauce that is RGR!!
    Last edited by indieseoul; 11-06-11 at 06:08. Reason: app update

Blog Entries

Hey Indie, it's great that somebody took the time to do that and learn some coding at the same time.

People, look forward to a future App with more sound bytes.

SoCal's gay quotes app anyone?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I installed it on my EVO and it's working well! Thanks for doing this.

One thing I can envision is being at swap meet and referencing the top-ten as a shopping list of sorts.

Feature request! Make the audio playback optional. Maybe I just want to read the list?

Great stuff!

Blog Entries

Thanks to some additional sound bytes provided by the RGR crew I present to you: RGR Top 10 Soundboard Redux: The Sweet Smell of Stetson.
    Also thanks to tcv's suggestion I added a new button which will take you to the list of the top 10 directly. Thanks again guys was fun chatting with you over the USTREAM chat last night. If you have any more promos you might want to add I'd be more than happy to incorporate them as well.

Go my second or last post to get the final version. All links to beta versions have been removed.

Here is a video of the new version in action:
    Last edited by indieseoul; 14-02-11 at 11:35.

Blog Entries

I am just floored, that is so damn cool that you are taking the time to make and improve that. I am going to shoot you a PM in a few days with a bunch of ideas that have come up inspired by your app. Feel free to use or ignore them as you see fit, also, let us know when you think it is ready to promote prime time and we will feature it on the show and homepage.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

Glad you like it! Sure if you have any suggestions that would be great. The app inventor program is kind of limited to what it can do for now but whatever you suggest if it can be implemented I would be more than happy to give it a try. After I get your suggestions implemented then I can make a final version that will be ready for prime time. I was thinking of having a button that would send the user directly to the retro gaming blog so that they could easily look at the show notes to surf the links from their phone. This can be done with simple bookmarks on a mobile browser but I think it would be kind of cool to have in the app as well.

Blog Entries

The Retro gaming roundup top ten soundboard is ready for prime-time! I have cleaned up the interface and added an additional 7 funny as shit sound files thanks to the RGR crew. You get the top ten: Atari 2600, NES, Sega master system, Coleco-Vision, Intelli-Vision, Gameboy, portable, arcade cabs, horror and sports. You also get to hear from the legends of gaming, some disturbing ads for Stetson and a little tune I put together celebrating what it's like to be a gay cowboy. You know what that's like Socal

You can also download the podcast and check out the links for each show all from the comfort of your Android phone.

Change log: Thanks to miner2049er I changed the podcast link to a more mobile browser friendly one.

Get it here:http://www.mediafire.com/?5av66itvq16rz57

You can see the screen shots again I have finally got around to updating them. See them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/5896946...th/5397808334/
    Last edited by indieseoul; 14-02-11 at 11:31.

Blog Entries

UPDATE: STREAM THE SHOW ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE! Thanks to the addition of a 24/7 streaming webplayer put up on this site by the RGR crew I have updated the app again. Now if you press the podcast streaming button you will be taken straight to the webplayer and be allowed to listen to RGR podcasts on the go if you are the proud owner of an android phone! For this to work you need to have already installed adobe flash player on your android device and of course the retro gaming roundup soundboard app. Here is the link and remember if you have any problems or suggestions feel free to P.M. me. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?m9rvf7vd45njkw9

Blog Entries

Update! I fixed a bug where the top ten list for the Atari 2600 didn't show up. Oh my goodness how could I have missed that? I also added a custom icon so no more android robot when you put it on your phone now you get the mule robot that I poorly animated. (My avatar) I also changed two icons for the Duke Nukem sound clips and deleted some errant code block that I must of missed last time around. I plan on making a new version soon. The new version will be called: RGR Console version and it will have the top tens of only console games. I will continue to support this app even if nobody uses it. Is that crazy? Probably but I have fun doing it nonetheless. If you want to try out my free app please do and help me make it better by testing it or giving me suggestions. Thanks for playing here's the new link:

RGR Top Ten Soundboard Android App.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast