View RSS Feed

Kevin Hummons

The Kinect marketing machine is in effect: Jimmy Fallon demo kinda sucks

Rate this Entry

We all knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. The Kinect marketing machine has got it's gears-a turnin' and the first stop on our tour is Jimmy Fallon.

Last night on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Kudo Tsunoda former EA Chicago head and current Microsoft Games Studio designer demoed Kinect alongside Miranda Cosgrove to a crowd of people who I assume must believe technology is the product of some sort of magic and otherworldly power. Seriously guys you don't need to fuckin' "Whoo!" every time they jump.

Anyways here's the video so you can be your own judge. I liked the Kinect showing at E3, and I've been liking the Kinect, but this demo is awful. I don't know if it's the annoying crowd, watching Miranda Cosgrove try to jump, or hearing Jimmy Fallon shout out bland selling points that would even make that douche in the mall trying to sell me lotion facepalm.

Still, I like Kinect. If you pay attention there is some lag but it's manageable and since I haven't heard anything terribly game breaking from the E3 crowd I'll hold out judgement. If anything this little clip proves this is going to be a hit among the uneducated, Jimmy Fallon watching, masses.

Whooo!

Also: Seriously Kudo? Will you guys shut up about giving away all those 360s?

Submit "The Kinect marketing machine is in effect: Jimmy Fallon demo kinda sucks" to Digg Submit "The Kinect marketing machine is in effect: Jimmy Fallon demo kinda sucks" to del.icio.us Submit "The Kinect marketing machine is in effect: Jimmy Fallon demo kinda sucks" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Kinect marketing machine is in effect: Jimmy Fallon demo kinda sucks" to Google

Tags: demo, kinect Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Microsoft , Industry

Comments

That was almost as embarrassing as watching the Gamer Girls, or the Frag Dolls (what's the difference?) jump around at E3 to the Kinect.
    If that was the only thing i saw of Kinect. I would say eyetoy games looked more fun. Eyetoy games are not fun fyi.

Retro Gaming RoundUp