View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Me and Rpgs - thoughts.

The very first game I ever played on Nintendo was Dragon Warrior, followed by the first Final Fantasy. They were epic, massive immersion games that drew you in and really gave you a reason to keep playing. The random battles, and random item drops gave an element of realistic chaos to the game that inspired a sort of tension. Will that rare gold king slime come back this way, I could surely use some more of that XP. It was silly little ideas like that which kept me glued to game after game ...
    Tags: rpg, thoughts Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dawn of War 2 Gold Review

If there is one thing that I am grateful for, it is the extraordinary commercial success that the Warhammer franchise has cultivated in the last decade. Without fail, every Warhammer game that succeeds a previous title incorporates so many lessons learned, and so many great evolved ideas, that it's honestly surprising that the franchise itself isn't more well known. Case in point is the ...
    Categories
    PC , Editorial
  3. Fallout New Vegas

I'm going to level with you right now, this isn't a review, hence the lack of “Review” in the title. This is simply me writing about Fallout New Vegas. If you want a standard cookie cutter “Review” you should be prepared for disappointment. When I sat down to finally write about Fallout New Vegas, I was faced with the reality that I was doing so long after most people have let loose ...

Updated 13-02-11 at 07:16 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Editorial
  4. Retro Reviews- Chrono Trigger

There are few titles in the history of games that stand out as paragons of what a good game should be. Chrono Trigger is one of a select catalog of games that I recommend every player of video games pick up at some point. It is, essentially perfect from start to finish. Everything about it, from musical score to game play, to storyline construction is crafted with utmost care and concern to ...

Updated 25-10-10 at 02:35 by JoshWright

Tags: classic, nintendo, rpg Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  5. Fort Zombie Review

How does something like Fort Zombie pass inspection? How does someone playtest something like this and say to themselves “yes, this game has reached the appropriate level of polish necessary for me to say that this game is fit for public consumption”? I want to know how it's possible, and who made it possible for a game like Fort Zombie to get made. But beyond that I want ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp