View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Fallout New Vegas

I'm going to level with you right now, this isn't a review, hence the lack of “Review” in the title. This is simply me writing about Fallout New Vegas. If you want a standard cookie cutter “Review” you should be prepared for disappointment. When I sat down to finally write about Fallout New Vegas, I was faced with the reality that I was doing so long after most people have let loose ...

Updated 13-02-11 at 07:16 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Editorial
  2. Halo Reach Review

Halo Reach, Bungie’s 4th Halo game. Man, Time Flies huh? I’ve watched you from afar for a long while Halo. You never sold me on a system. I remember when you came onto the scene, me and my Gamecube stayed ignorant. When I played Halo 2 for the first time I was just sorta meh about it. Played 4 Player Co-Op through Halo 3’s entire campaign in 1 night. Dabbled in the multiplayer when at parties. ...

Updated 11-10-10 at 08:06 by Anthony Wastella

Tags: fps, halo Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Microsoft
  3. Borderlands- The DLC Reviews- Mad Moxxi's Underdome

Its no surprise that I love this game. It blends elements of a whole group of game features that I like. Its got rpg stats, leveling, random weapon and items drops, and a bucketload of saucy humor. From The word go, it gives you an abundance of choice to work with and a free roaming world to explore. I give the guys over at Gearbox a hell of a lot of credit as a title of this size and scale, requires ...

Updated 28-09-10 at 11:09 by JoshWright

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Retro Reviews - F.E.A.R

F.E.A.R Pack Retro-review

It is no secret I like to shoot things. Guns and bombs are a welcome addition to any game in my opinion. F.E.A.R is a game where you will shoot, and shoot, and shoot. In fact, if that’s all you want in a game, this is your baby. Sadly, for me, it came off as a one trick pony. The intense combat scenes can be boiled down to ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:00 by SteveSawyer

Tags: fps, horror Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Half-Life 2: A Necessary Pass or Necessary Play?

Back in 2004:

Friend 1: Jace have you heard? Half-Life 2 came out for the pc. It’s being hailed as one of the best shooters to come out of 2004. Hell it even got a rating of 11 out of 10 in Maximum PC! You should buy it and play it Jace.
    Jace: Sure. Does it have high system requirements?
    Friend 1: Nah don’t worry it isn’t so bad.

(Three hours and 50 dollars ...
    Tags: fps, half-life 2 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    PC

Retro Gaming RoundUp