View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition 10 bucks this weekend.

I first heard of the table top game Blood Bowl back when I was just a youngin, and that was my first experience in Table Top Gaming. That's what helped launch me into the wonderful world of DnD a few years later, even though I really wanted to play what was essentially, in my mind, football with giant orcs.

Now, while I probably won't be able to do Blood Bowl the table top way for awhile, since all my DnD friends keep leaving ...
    Tags: blood bowl, steam Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sam And Max: The Devil's Playhouse on sale through September 8.

Man, TellTale Games are awesome people. Remaking the Monkey Island titles, the Strong Bad games, the Jurassic Park/Back to The Future games they're making, and of course, Sam and Max.

To Celebrate this season's finale to The Devil's Playhouse, you can get all 5 episodes on Steam now for $19.99 for a limited time. I haven't played a Sam and Max game in a long time, but I hear good things about these newer games, and I'd love to dig in to this season, as it looks ...
    Tags: steam, telltale Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Worms Reloaded Review

I really want to dive into some flowery introduction that's so full of prose and procrastination that it's disgusting. I say this only because I want to try and avoid saying that I have a problem with a Worms game, but ultimately that's the crux of this review. I suppose I tried to stifle those feelings out of self preservation. A need to keep something that once seemed so sacred ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:46 by SteveSawyer

Tags: steam, team17, worms Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Beat Hazard Review

I love music games, and rhythm games quite a bit. Though I'm not the biggest fan of the Guitar Hero or Rock Band experience when it pertains to music based video games. If anything I am a much bigger champion of quirky games like Rez and Audiosurf which feature deceptively deep gameplay, intricately blending beat synchronized gameplay and point linking that's about as ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:52 by SteveSawyer

Tags: steam, xbla Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Audiosurf Review

When I was a kid I played a lot of Super Nintendo. Super Nintendo played a host to some of my favorite childhood summer time distractions, that came in the form of classics like Star Fox, Chrono Trigger, and of course Super Metroid. But one of my favorite games of all time in the history of anything ever created, called the Super Nintendo it’s home. And that game was F-Zero. Everything ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:55 by SteveSawyer

Tags: audiosurf, steam Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Retro Gaming RoundUp