View RSS Feed

Editorial

1. Steve watches Halo Legends!

Halo Legends.

If you are living and breathing today, chances are you’ve heard of the insanely popular video game franchise that is Halo. What originally started as a top secret Mac exclusive title, Halo has become one of the most lucrative investments in gaming history. Spawning two direct sequels, three spin off titles, and propelling two separate generations of Microsoft ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:55 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Editorial
  2. These 5 games are HORRIBLE!

Have you ever loaded up what you think is going to be the most groundbreaking, revolutionary piece of gaming software ever committed to the medium, only to find out that the game you just picked, is filled with more bugs than a 3 week old bloated deer carcass? It's happened to the best of us, and if you're anything like me, the experience can be enough to throw you into a sheer frenzy of caffeine fueled controller smashing, vengeance. The following 5 games are not only buggy, but they are so buggy, ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:55 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    PC , Classic / Retro , Editorial
  3. Steve previews APB as a filthy criminal!

While I was at E3 I had the opportunity to briefly talk to the people responsible for one of my most anticipated titles this year. All Points Bulletin, or simply APB. It's a little tough to describe APB at first, simply because the game at first glance almost simply looks like another Grand Theft Auto clone with the distinction of being online, but if you left it at that, you would be dismissing a ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:56 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    PC , Editorial
  4. The Evolution of Emulation

With E3 this week and seeing whats in store for the future, my mind starts drifting to the question "but how will we conserve the past"? I'm a very grass roots kind of guy and I believe you can't know where you're going until you see where you've been. The retro era of video games, as well as the last decade, are all a part of our gaming history and it would be a shame to have our kids growing up not know what Pac-man was or even that the NES was something that changed how people played video games ...
    Categories
    PC , Mobile , Editorial
  5. StarCraft 2 Multiplayer Preview!

It’s been over a decade since StarCraft was released, but that has done absolutely nothing to diminish the games overwhelming popularity among PC gamers. Quite the contrary is true, with professional multiplayer leagues still in existence, and the most popular of the matches being televised in places like South Korea, where the game is considered a cyber sport. However the game’s developers Blizzard Entertainment, are no strangers to intense fan support, with close to 11.5 million users ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:56 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    PC , Industry , Editorial
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp