View RSS Feed

Classic / Retro

1. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – MAME Cab Part 2

Q. What’s black and sits in the corner of a stable in Yorkshire for years?
    A. My new arcade cab project.

So here it is in all its glory. Well, excuse the condition but it had been living in North Yorkshire, and that would test the mettle of any man, and indeed the metal too. Do you know any metal men?

Last time I mentioned that the ideal scenario would be to get a cab that was no longer functional then I wouldn’t have the guilt trip of sacrificing a piece of ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro , Editorial
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - Battle Of The Planets

A little break from the norm here. Actually, there isn’t really a norm is there? I write about whatever I want to, let’s be honest.

Anyway, time for a TV Show this time out, an animated TV show to be precise. Actually, that’s not very precise at all is it? Let’s be a little bit more precise and say that we're going to look at a classic animated TV show. One that was originally a Japanese anime series but was adapted for American television in 1978 and was broadcast on UK TV as well. ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  3. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – Moonraker Fruit Machine

Don't listen to our American cousins, in fact, they're not even our cousins. They're no more our cousins than Barack Obama's grandmother being born in Kenya makes him Kenyan, or the fact that he is President makes him American.

Don't listen to them when they say they invented slot machines, it isn't true I tell you. It isn't true, which is why no self respecting British Arcade game owner should be without a fruit machine in his or her collection, and which is why I no longer am. Without ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – 1985: The Day After

Another 2 weeks go by and another one of these things pops up in my Calendar Reminders, so without further ado, here it is, the next fascinating installment of The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack, and this time around we’re looking at a game that I spent hours and hours playing on back in the 80s. Not only was it one of the most addictive games I ever played, but it was also one of the cheapest games I ever bought.

I would often buy Commodore 64 games on the Mastertronic label, and those ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  5. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – Friday 13th

Well now here’s a thing, it’s Friday 13th and we have a review of the NES game Friday 13th. This stuff doesn’t just happen you know, I planned it. Nice huh?

So kick the Black Cat out, walk under a ladder, find a single magpie and throw some salt over your shoulder as we take a look from behind a pillow at the NES game Friday The 13th.

Friday The 13th, as you know, is an American horror franchise that consists of about a dozen films, a television show, novels, comics ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp