Thread: My second book, The Virtual Boy Game Library, now live on Amazon!

Default My second book, The Virtual Boy Game Library, now live on Amazon!

Originally, I had planned on The Unofficial History of Star Trek Videogames to be my next book, but I needed a break from all the Trek games, so it will likely be book number three. In the meantime, I wanted to release something in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of Retro Gaming Roundup, so here we are!

This second book is 55 pages in the physical version, and covers the history and games of Nintendos Virtual Boy system. There's 6 pages covering the systems creation, market performance, and eventual failure, and roughly 3 pages per game that briefly describes the title, gives some background info and a basic review. Each game has the box artwork and a screenshot from the game featured. There's also a page with some random Virtual Boy trivia.

Kindle version is available now for $1.99, or free for kindleunlimited members. The physical book should be up for sale within the next few days, and buyers of the physical book should get the Kindle version for free. The physical book is a bit pricey at $7.99, but I wanted to keep the book full color on the inside for the box art, which bumped pricing up a bit. I felt black and white, while making the book cheaper to make, would also hold the book back with lesser quality photos and artwork.

As a bonus, I'm celebrating the tenth anniversary of Retro Gaming Roundup by making the kindle version of my first book, Afterglow,, FREE during the period of March 1st through March 5th. In addition, I am also making The Virtual Boy Game Library FREE during the same time period.

The Virtual Boy Game Library
    Afterglow
    Last edited by Leathco; 21-02-19 at 01:00.

Just a reminder, both books now FREE through March 5th, 2019.