Thread: GPD Win (full PC size of the 3DS)

Default GPD Win (full PC size of the 3DS)

So I recently ordered one of these, will do a writeup soon but looks very interesting. It's the size of a Nintendo 3DS, but with a full blown PC architecture inside. It comes with Windows 10 preinstalled, but it is possible to install any Linux variant. I have one of these coming in with a 200 gig micro SD card and a 128 gig nano USB stick, gonna see how it runs some retro games, emulators, and PC titles.

61Df5Po9sLL._SY355_.jpg

Did some work on it, it's definitely an interesting little device. Ran Final Fantasy X (PC Release) fairly well, but I had to tone down the settings a bit. It's a dream machine as far as emulation goes, handles up to Gamecube fairly well. It does run a tad bit hot, and there are some minor glitches with things like screen rotation and aspect ratio on older titles.

Some minor gripes. The shoulder buttons are very, very cheaply done, and there's a ton of play in them. There's no clickable thumbsticks, instead there are seperate keys on the micro keyboard for L3 and R3, which is quite an annoyance in games that use clickable sticks. Both of these problems seem fixed in the second generation GPD Wins, but those also have close to a 700 dollar price tag.