Blog Entries

Default RoundUp 120 - Animal Protagonist Games

TOPICS COVERED IN THE SHOW
    Hardware Flashback - (00:00)
    Dinosaur Pie - (44:08)
    Guinness Gaming Records - (1:44:08)
    Martin Dodd: Life On Mars - (1:45:59)
    Mark Jones Interview - (1:49:59)
    Top Ten Animal Protagonist Games - (2:46:15)
    Gaming Trivia - (4:21:44)
    Radio Reelers: Silver Ball - (4:22:12)
    Live News And Listener Views - (4:25:40)
    URLs And EMails - (5:57:38)

See the shownotes page and read the Live News chat log.

Vote in our Top Ten Poll and suggest a future Top Ten Topic here.<br>

Join our Facebook Group and follow us on Twitter.

Donate to the show.

Podcatch via the RSS Feeds.

Stream the show 24/7 or listen to RGR Radio.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I had a good laugh at the economics segment in my email. For the record, I meant 40 grand could buy a house OR two cars OR a near complete NES library, not all of the above, but I'll take that one on the chin because I obviously didn't phrase it correctly when I sent the e-mail.

Also, in the news was the Pi case that was a well made mini NES with daughterboards, I actually was lucky enough to pick one up on Amazon when they restocked. They were only in stock for maybe an hour, and I only knew about them via a facebook post, but managed to snag one. Amazon has shipped it out, so if you want detailed photos just let me know.

Top ten was great this month. My personal vote was the TMNT, but that's mostly because I was a huge fan of them when I was a kid, and loved it when the arcade game was ported to the NES.

Edit: Got some bad news about that case, and it makes me glad I ordered when I did. The manufacturer of the case has commented that the case selling for 20 was for publicity, and that the cases MSRP is 69.99! I have no prob picking up this case for 20, and would even go up to 35, but 70 bucks for a case is insane! Original reply from the guys at NesPi below:

This item has historically been $19.99 for China shipping, a long time ago for a short period of time. This was a trial run to boost selling rank within Amazon and publicity, and this sale will not be repeated. FYI, you cannot buy this for $20 even if you were to purchase this locally in China.

This product includes electronics (Ethernet adapter, power rerouting, multiple USB hubs with vertical and horizontal ports) and highest quality ABS+PC material on par with the original NES Classic that makes it impossible to produce for $20. We know it had been at $20 for some early testers for a limited time, and we regret offering this previously at below manufacturing price as certain customers now expect $20 to be the regular price.

MSRP for NESPi case is $69.99. Considering timeless value of this product, we recommend you to reconsider before turning away with our regular pricing.

If you are looking for a Raspberry Pi case in $20 range, I must recommend
    NES case for Raspberry Pi 3,2 and B+ by Old Skool Tools
    by Kintaro
    Link: http://a.co/0cqzHW

That being said, you can find the case for around 25 before shipping on alibaba, and between 25 to 40 on eBay for the time being. Attached is an image of what I am using it for, a small corner table gaming build. The underside houses my DnD books, the top is a small 19 inch monitor hooked up to a Pi 3 in an NES case, with the 8bitdo NES30 Pro for a controller and also an 8bitdo Cube (the single one, not the stereo dual speaker one) for audio.
    21371352_1654012607964585_7725549441829578654_n.jpg
    Last edited by Leathco; 09-09-17 at 01:33.