0 0%
  • Stunt Cycle (Arcade)

0 0%
  • Kikstart (C64)

2 40.00%

Thread: 2017.03 Top Ten Motorcycle Games

Blog Entries

Default 2017.03 Top Ten Motorcycle Games

Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Great top 10, I really enjoyed..er well still enjoying this one but it's almost done. On motorcycle themed pinball, there are a few more I can think of: Evel Knievel by Bally (hence why Stunt Cycle didn't have a license for the character), Blackwater 100 (also Bally, dirt bike theme), the OTHER Harley pinball from Bally, I think Tron had a light cycle element, and Motordome. IPDB lists a few more but those are even more obscure.

Road Rash is still one of my favorite Genesis games, although I prefer RR2. RR3 was good, but it came out in 1995 so all of the sounds and graphics were digitized because they wanted to make it look like a CD game I think. Still a good game, but 2 had smoother animation.

My picks would be: Evel Knievel pinball, Motocross Madness 2 for PC (the track environments took place in an open-ish area so you could have any number of tracks utilizing the same modeled terrain area), Armagetron (open source light cycle game, get the extra tron artwork and sound packs to round it out. Maybe cue the retro police here as it looks like there is a newer version, but I used to play this a TON and it's old to me. Has LAN support and the old version had a Linux build I think), and then um.. I dunno I'll just say Excitebike again.

Now, Scott mentioned that he is looking for a Wacky Gator machine. Be careful with those, I have one of the original Data East ones, and the rollers they used were this shitty black rubber that over the years breaks down and gets icky everywhere. The newer variant of that part uses a urethane wheel, but Happ charges like $12 apiece for them, and there are..I forget how many but it's going to cost like $400 just for these stupid urethane rollers for mine. It's coming out of storage soon so if I find a less expensive way I will definitely share that info.
    See the latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: www.holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Loved Kikstart on Spectrum and C64.

My favourite motorbike game was the arcade version of Enduro Racer where you pulled the bike back like a wheely to jump the haybales and obstacles

I'd go for Action Biker on the C64. Nice, relaxing budget game.