• Twin Famicom

0 0%
  • Sega Dreamcast

1 12.50%

Thread: 2016.12 Top Ten Game Consoles

Blog Entries

Default 2016.12 Top Ten Game Consoles

Take Your Pick
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I know it's not the coolest or trendiest, but my vote is for the SNES. On my multiple deployments to the Gulf in the 90's it was the only thing that kept me sane during the endless Defense Watches (UK RN).
    ---
    POKE 53280,0

NES BY FAR for me. The Atari was great, but for me the gaming revolution started with the NES, just for the sheer amount it could do. Side scrolling? Check. Deep storytelling with its RPG titles? Check. Light gun for replicating the gun arcade games? Check. Wacky addons like the Power Pad, ROB, a Keyboard teaching program, etc? Check. One of the largest third party developer gathering points? Check and mate.

It was between the VCS, Master system or Megadrive.
    As the SMS is not even in the poll I plumped for the Megadrive simply because I find it slightly easier to revisit the system and games.

Nes or snes for sure, if I had to only play one console for good I'm swaying to the snes, donkey Kong, Mario, zombies, earthworm Jim etc

It's the Dreamcast for me. I'm convinced that all of the stars were in perfect alignment when Sega created that one. Great hardware, brilliant games and you can run homebrew on an unmodified console.

^but it was a commercial failure if I remember correctly, I loved it personally and spent many hours on sonic and shenmue

I'm just going to sit in the corner and play with my Intellivision. Alone, I guess.

Blog Entries

Welcome Todd.

Yeah I guess so.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I think some of my happiest days were with my SNES. If nothing else it allowed me to play Super Metroid ad infinitum.