Thread: Could this be Simon Butlers next job? Original Sega Megadrive game Kickstarter.

Blog Entries

Default Could this be Simon Butlers next job? Original Sega Megadrive game Kickstarter.

Hey guys, after listening to the last Dinosaur Pie i thought of Simon Butler when i heard this Sega Megadrive bloke say he needed to hire pixel artists? Simon may already know about this bloke but if he doesn;t it can't hurt to throw him an email and offer years of experience.

This new megadrive game is being built using original hardware so it;s not a 16bit style game but actually a real 16bit game. Take a look and see what y'all think.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=creator_nav

Hold on a second... Just saw that he wants 60 for a boxed game with manual... would that be because he hasn;t got a good source for materials like carts and things? because im a massive sega fan but 60 is too much on a gamble.
    Last edited by Vipp; 14-11-16 at 09:25.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

Default Many Thanks to VIPP

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Hey guys, after listening to the last Dinosaur Pie i thought of Simon Butler when i heard this Sega Megadrive bloke say he needed to hire pixel artists? Simon may already know about this bloke but if he doesn;t it can't hurt to throw him an email and offer years of experience.

This new megadrive game is being built using original hardware so it;s not a 16bit style game but actually a real 16bit game. Take a look and see what y'all think.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=creator_nav

Hold on a second... Just saw that he wants 60 for a boxed game with manual... would that be because he hasn;t got a good source for materials like carts and things? because im a massive sega fan but 60 is too much on a gamble.
    Greetings.
    This was NOT my next job.
    But thanks to your post I tracked down the guy behind this little gem and I am now the pixel artist.
    So, if our paths cross I owe you a pint.

Cheers fella!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tandemar View Post
    Greetings.
    This was NOT my next job.
    But thanks to your post I tracked down the guy behind this little gem and I am now the pixel artist.
    So, if our paths cross I owe you a pint.

Cheers fella!
    Simon that's brilliant mate, i will do more to premote the game now if you're involved. This i s fantastic news.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

Blog Entries

Congratulations to Matt Phillips for funding the Sega Megadrive game Tanglewood! and to RGR's 'Dinosaur Pie' host Simon Butler for securing a place on the team! Check the game out here!

The Kickstarter campaign has been extended now for the inclusion of a Sega Dreamcast port of the game! So visit here for more on that!

Finally i've been talking with Matt the lead developer and he likes the sounds of a game launch event, Matt likes the sound of an idea i put forward and i'm hoping to involve our RGR guys to host the evnt in Nottingham, but that's way off into the future.

Congratlations everybody.