Thread: Streetpass without ever leaving home!

Default Streetpass without ever leaving home!

OK, if you guys are like me, you never, NEVER find any other people for Streetpass on the 3DS unless you get lucky at your local gaming store. Well, there's a fix for that to where you can Streetpass with other people using the internet! (note: I didn't create this tool, but the tutorials out there are pretty horrible, so I decided to write my own)

For this you will need:

A Raspberry Pi 3
    A Micro SD card of at least 2 GB
    An Ethernet Cable
    AC Power adaptor for the Pi 3

And.....yea, thats it!

Click here to go to the download via Dropbox. You want to download the RaspiPass.zip file, and extract the IMG file from the ZIP. Write that IMG file to the Micro SD card for the Pi. Insert the card in the Pi, and connect the Pi to your router using the ethernet cable.

Power up the Pi (there's no need to hook it up to a display, as it uses a web interface on your local network) and give it around half an hour to an hour to set everything up (on first boot it has to set up, after first boot it should take mere second to boot). After this, get on your home computer (on the same router) and type in http://raspipass/ to access the Web GUI, which allows you to start the Access Point. That's all you have to do, from here just let it run while your 3DS is in range of your Pi. After 30 minutes or so, you should start getting random Streetpasses from all over the world!

This works by using the Ethernet connection on the Pi to use the internet to gather other users, and the Wi-Fi adaptor on the Pi to transmit as a Streetpass spoofer. A great tool to get a ton of Streetpasses in a short amount of time for game unlocks and the Mii Plaza!

If you want, you can make changes to it by going to http://raspipass/ and clicking on configuration. Run every allows you to set the system to broadcast between every 6 and 60 minutes. The run chance is the percentage the app will run at the time interval you set, which by default is 20 percent. This is set so that you aren't flooding the system with your Mii on everyone elses units. These can be adjusted if you wish to connect more often, but at default settings, you will randomly connect twice an hour. With the amount of people connecting, this should be fine to prevent your Mii from flooding.

I hope you guys find this useful!
    Last edited by Leathco; 02-11-16 at 09:00.

Blog Entries

Nice, I'll give it a try.

I used to use a hacked router to do that but the router died and I never bothered replacing it.

I'll have to try a Pi 1 or 2 with a USB wifi adaptor though because I don't have a 3.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post

I'll have to try a Pi 1 or 2 with a USB wifi adaptor though because I don't have a 3.
    http://www.spillmonkey.com/?page_id=169 linked is a distro built for Pi 2 usage.

Blog Entries

Awesome. Thanks.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    http://www.spillmonkey.com/?page_id=169 linked is a distro built for Pi 2 usage.
    I can confirm this also works with a Pi1 as that was all I had spare.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook