Thread: Saying "hi' from Middle Tennessee

Default Saying "hi' from Middle Tennessee

Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Andy and I love retro gaming. I've been listening to this show for right about 3 years. Loved every episode of it and wanted to join the community and now that I have I want to be an active part of it and talk about what I love most: retro video games. I grew up playing NES and SNES with my mom during the height of the bit wars and while I have played almost every major gaming system following that gen, with the exeption of the PS1/2 and their huge library of JRPG's, I've never gotten to attached to a generation of consoles. I love everything about gaming in the 80's and 90's and love having to ability to talk about that passion.

Thanks for Everything RGR,
    Andy

Welcome to the forum! Hope you decide to hang out here some more. Every person we have in the forums helps.

I'm an NES era guy too. What games did you have and what were your favorites?

Blog Entries

Good to have you here.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

We didn't have a lot of money when I was younger so on NES we just owned the Mario Bros games and just had to rent most others. (I've gone back in my adult years to play more however) Id have to say my my favorites are Super Mario Bros 3 and the NES Megaman games. I can replay those anytime. What about you?

Blog Entries

Middle TN, where about? I have driven the I40 many times, grew up in Oxford MS about 1hr south of Memphis.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I live in Murfreesboro which is about 20 min. southeast of Nashville. For reference to get to Memphis would take me probably 4 hours on I24 then I40.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechakaioken View Post
    We didn't have a lot of money when I was younger so on NES we just owned the Mario Bros games and just had to rent most others. (I've gone back in my adult years to play more however) Id have to say my my favorites are Super Mario Bros 3 and the NES Megaman games. I can replay those anytime. What about you?
    Most of my NES games were birthday or Christmas gifts, didn't have a lot of cash here either. I rented Mega Man 3 a lot, and borrowed Mega Man 2, though I always preferred 3. I also rented Abadox a lot, along with Final Fantasy. Childhood games I owned that I loved were Mario 1, Mario 3, Dragon Warrior, TMNT 2 The Arcade Game, and StarTropics. Later when the SNES and Genesis were huge, my rental store sold its NES inventory, and I bought most of their NES games using lunch money for a couple bucks each, since they priced their used NES games like used VHS tapes. In a few months my collection soared to above 100 NES games, including the ones I rented all the time and ones I was simply curious about. However, I missed out on many late NES releases because the store switched to SNES and Genesis early on and abandoned the NES. But looking at how cheap I got the bulk of their games it worked well for me.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Oh man I wish I could've found something like that to bulk up my collection. I love FF but my favorite ones are on SNES and FF IX.

I still have all my carts, and added to the collection a lot in the mod 2000s thru 2012, but collecting got way too price prohibitive. I mostly emulate these days.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Same here. Prices have SKYROCKETED in the last few years sadly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk