Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An idea: A community driven online Retro Gaming magazine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    There's a contest going on, have you entered?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
    I've got my psp all modded mate so i will leave the comp for the other lucky folks who enter.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    I've got my psp all modded mate so i will leave the comp for the other lucky folks who enter.
    Alright bud. Just keep in mind a JRI-RIGG has a lot more power than a PSP. 1GHZ CPU compared to what a think was a 333 chip.

By the way UK, any magazine tidbits you can relay to the public yet?

UK, you like LEDs huh. I spent the past few hrs measuring the brightness of dozens of LEDS to make sure we use only the best. Best, meaning ones that don't cause eye pain or headaches.

JRI LED.jpg
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piff Merkin View Post
    UK, you like LEDs huh.
    Yes I do.

Plus most of my emulation is still done on handhelds so I'm really looking forward to seeing the final unit.

What size is the screen? I have old eyes.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piff Merkin View Post
    UK, you like LEDs huh.
    Yes I do.

Plus most of my emulation is still done on handhelds so I'm really looking forward to seeing the final unit.

Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

The screen is 2.2" oh but wait that would be 55.88 mm in the UK see plenty big!
    www.jri-rigg.com

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Yes I do.

I tend to play more on the go than at home as well, a trend I hope can break in a few years, but for now my work schedule still keeps me out of the house, and a good chunk of my time in the house is spent working on it (I just began re-redoing our plumbing with new PEX line). I'm also anticipating the combination of the versatility of a Raspberry Pi board in portable form to be huge.

If 2.2" is not big enough you could use this! HTB1Gn3BHXXXXXcIXVXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg Hmm, seems like an it came from Ali challenge to me. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...243807736.html

I have always loved all manor of portable game systems tiger handhelds, Game Boy, GBA, game gear, PSP, I still play all of them minus the Tigers. Something about holding it in your hand makes it more personal for me.

As UK mentioned, it does become harder to see the screen when we get older, the green screen Game boy or the faded Game Gear. Hell, you also have to love the arthritis slowly creeping into your hands which becomes noticeable as you smash away on the buttons now.

Maybe in 20 years the podcast name should be changed into the Retro Gaming Geriatrics.

Or this only $157.00
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...5-852ff872923a
    HTB1JoZWMXXXXXbsaXXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg
    Last edited by Piff Merkin; 19-06-16 at 07:52.
    www.jri-rigg.com

Upon rereading this post I want to be clear that I am not making fun of UK Mikes age. Actually, I was referring to mine. I was being serious about the ability to attach video goggles to a Pi Zero and if I do so I will document it in my blog www.jri-rigg.com/blog Further, I despute the claims by Sony and Microsoft, it does not take extra processing power to make a virtual headset work, they are just trying to sell you more hardware. I will buy the new Sony hardware but I know from experience that an "oculus rift" works fine on a standard 64 bit processing desktop.
    69209213.jpg
    Last edited by Piff Merkin; 02-07-16 at 06:39.
    www.jri-rigg.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast