Thread: 'REVIVAL Solstice 2016' - 30-31 July.

Blog Entries

Default 'REVIVAL Solstice 2016' - 30-31 July.

revival sol.jpg

This new event marks the start of a new show plan for future REVIVAL events organised by the RRE team, and brings back all the attractions of our previous Summer exhibitions. This year's event features already include:

- Over 100 playable retro consoles and computers
    - Over 50 classic video arcade machines and pinball machines
    - On-stage competitions and prizes
    - A larger selection of traders offering various retro collectables
    - The return of the guest talks panels and new gamer's theatre
    - Reasonably priced, fully licensed bar and gamer's snack bar serving hot and cold food
    - New large Summer venue for up to 1000 visitors per day, near M6 J9 and J10
    - Choice of nearby hotels with direct rail and bus links to the venue

The event page is now up from our Facebook page and e-tickets are now on sale directly from our ticket merchant here: https://www.tickettailor.com/ch…/vie...47596/chk/069b. Tickets are priced at £12 per day/£20 for a weekend for adults, and concessional tickets at £6 per day/£10 for a weekend for children (12 or under), disabled users and their assistants.

I thought I'd get the ball rolling on this thread guys. Ben Jones had mentioned it previously so kudos to him for sharing that info with us, this is just updated. I got the feeling from UK Mike in the live news that it could be a big group getting back together, it's been a while since we saw Scott on this side of the pond so this could be a great event. Let's hope when I buy a new car that the engine doesn't explode!

Who's going?

Also I wondered how folks feel about encouraging UK Mike to ask if the event organisers would get the team @heavyspectrum to do a talk at the event? They made Shadow of the beast and despite the shy approach our forum has had on the game I can assure you all that old hands will find this game intuitive and a pleasure to play BUT it also comes packed with original artwork and the original game and the original soundtrack so even if the PS4 is putting you off, you can still get your retro on AND! you can unlock infinite lives... even if all of that doesn;t wet your whistle I think it would be nice to show these guys some appreciation because we have all talked for hours about how IP's have been shit on and yet the team at heavy Spectrum really have gone above and beyond the call of duty for retro gamers like us, this shadow of the beats is brimming with nods to the old game.

So would you guys enjoy a talk with them? asking what it was like to work with Roger Dean again and that bloke who did the music! haha. I think it would be highly entertaining. especially if our RGR guys hosted it.

I truly can't wait to see you all again for beers and retro games.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

Thumbs up

REVIVAL Solstice 2016 - 30-31 July 2016

Had a great weekend at Revival, great show and peeps involved, good selection of Vids/Pins/Console/Computers. Had a brief chat with UK and Scott on Sunday afternoon.

Highlights for me were to see the active dev scene in Vectrex for new games, Playing the Metallica Pin and doesn't the Dreamcast still look awesome! For a console closing in on being 20 years old it's still very impressive.

Here's the photos I took...

My games; Video Pinball and Centipede behaved all weekend but Hang-On developed a PCB fault early Saturday afternoon which I couldn't fix.

The event in full swing.

Jon ‘Perfect Pacman’ Stoodley chilling at the Barrel Pacman, making it all look so easy.

Saturday afternoon Walter Day Skype talk.

A few photos before the show opened.

Cheers, Mart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    Looks like a fantastic event.
    Iwt was.

We also had dinner with your friend from http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook