Thread: Twilight Princess Picross

drich255 Guest

Default Twilight Princess Picross

So apparently 'My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess' is a real game for the 3DS. The only catch is that it is available as a reward on the new my.nintendo point system. You can earn points mostly with the new Miitomo phone app.

Blog Entries

I hope it isn't ruined with in app purchases like the Pokémon one was. I suspect it will be.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

drich255 Guest

I am 175 coins shy the 1000 needed to get the game. I am not big on social media, and that is how most coins are earned. Most people can probably rack up 1000 coins the first day just by linking their Twitter and Facebook accounts to Miitomo along with adding in friends and completing other missions. It will probably take me about a week doing the daily/weekly nickel and dime missions to get my remaining 175 coins. Hopefully the game is not free2play since it already isn't free.

The Picross reward says it is only available until October. Will they sell it on the eShop after that? Or will this be a My Nintendo reward exclusive? Not sure, but my guess is that it will be an exclusive.

And the way they have titled the game, it looks like they could be planning other My Nintendo Picross games with different themes.

It's a straight forward Picross game that also includes the Mega Picross (I can't seem to do these) and a puzzle set similar to the ones in Pokemon Picross that you could do by getting the tiles.

This could end up being the only thing I get from the My Nintendo rewards, since they're pretty much saying "fuck you!" to physical media buyers. The only game purchases that give you coins will be digital purchases, instead of putting a code in the game case like the past reward program did. At least that's how I've been reading everything lately. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    It's a straight forward Picross game that also includes the Mega Picross (I can't seem to do these) and a puzzle set similar to the ones in Pokemon Picross that you could do by getting the tiles.

This could end up being the only thing I get from the My Nintendo rewards, since they're pretty much saying "fuck you!" to physical media buyers. The only game purchases that give you coins will be digital purchases, instead of putting a code in the game case like the past reward program did. At least that's how I've been reading everything lately. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    Nope, sounds right. 30% off Captain Toad is a good deal -- but I don't think I will have enough gold coins. Probably just end up getting a physical copy.

I might also pick up Wario Ware Touched! (expires July 1st). It is a common game, but I wouldn't mind getting it as a downloadable game (and this is the only time it has been offered as a 3DS VC title).

drich255 Guest

I did get the Picross reward. Just to be clear, you do get the whole game -- no micro transactions. It looks like there are 45 puzzles each for Picross and Mega Picross, but apparently the pictures repeat (but not in same order). You just solve them differently. And there are 57 tiles in Micross. So 147 puzzles total. They are probably right in having this as a reward -- not enough puzzles to make it a retail game.

I don't like the way FILL and 'X' work, it is slightly different than the other recent Picross games (it will unlock if you press up and it was already locked). So I switched to button mode so that I could use A and B, but that means moving the cursor with the direction pad (they do scroll you to the other side if you go outside the boundaries, so that is a nice shortcut).
    Last edited by drich255; 12-04-16 at 05:55.

drich255 Guest

BTW, even without Miitomo, you can get 120 My.Nintendo silver coins per week by logging in to the following places (30 each one):
    - eShop
    - Miiverse
    - My.Nintendo.com
    - Nintendo.com or Nintendo.co.uk (this one isn't listed as a reward, but people say it works)

Then with Miitomo (even without any friends connected), you can get 10 a day by updating your 3 answers and changing your Mii's outfit.

So that should be 190 silver coins you can earn in a week with minimal effort. Of course coins earned expire after 6 months, so use them or lose them.

I may also pick up some of the 3DS themes being offered. I haven't paid any real money for those yet, but I may use this virtual currency to do so.
    Last edited by drich255; 12-04-16 at 06:01.

I knew about the My.Nintendo.com one, but didn't know you also got them for logging into the eShop and Miiverse. I'll have to take advantage of that.

drich255 Guest

I finally finished the Zelda TP Picross. Because they use the same pictures for the picross and mega-picross puzzles, you can compare total clear times of the 45 puzzles. It took me twice as long to beat the mega-picross puzzles.

I can't do the mega puzzles. They feel too randomized to have any sort of logic to them.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.