Thread: Pi 3?

Default Pi 3?

Does anyone know if the Pi 3 available yet? Looks like everywhere is on 'backorder'.

S

It sold out fast. I was planning on getting a pi 2, glad I waited now.

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

Piff Merkin Guest

Yes, it is available but in extremely limited quantities. When a new pi model is released it usually takes about three months for there to be a steady supply of units.

Grrr! I could use one right now but would rather wait as opposed to getting a 2. Its like trying to get a bloody Wii

bjones371 Guest

I'm hoping they'll be compatible with HifiBerry Amp Plus as the built in wi-fi will save me randomly buying USB wireless cards in the hope of finding one that can actually sustain more than 5Mbps throughput!
    Last edited by bjones371; 03-03-16 at 04:38. Reason: Fixed my rubbish forum syntax

The Wi-Fi is a big selling point for on this too... its gonna be a hybrid Emu Station and Kodi setup (I hope). Anyway I just snagged a 'starter kit' type deal for $60 so not too bad.

I'm still not sure what project I would even work on when I get one of these. Would love to mess around with a Pi, but have no goals for it yet.

One of my initial thoughts was building an arcade stick around a Pi, have it hook up to a monitor, and run MAME in it. A self contained portable MAME "cab".
    Last edited by Burgertime; 04-03-16 at 03:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    I'm still not sure what project I would even work on when I get one of these. Would love to mess around with a Pi, but have no goals for it yet.

One of my initial thoughts was building an arcade stick around a Pi, have it hook up to a monitor, and run MAME in it. A self contained portable MAME "cab".
    That's exactly what I did with mine. Took an Xarcade stick, upgraded it with the usb board, and while I was in there mounted the pi and ran an extension out for power.

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

Well I have one on order, its in stock, should have it soon. It will be a media center and emulation station for the main TV. Tho I should have the Pine64 this month too so we will see which works best for this application.