Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda II is 29!

drich255 Guest

Now if Nintendo creates Zelda Dungeon Maker, maybe we can finally make our own Zelda II dungeons!

*facepalm*
    Of for the love of..not the amiibo backlash BS again. I swear, people are just making shit up and twisting what they are to complain.
    People aren't buying amiibo JUST for these optional pieces of data. Haven't seen anyone go "I need to dress my Mario Kart character up in the Rosalina themed gear! Quick, go out and buy the amiibo!".

Would you rather they just lock away full levels, sections of the story, and block you from getting to the end of the game? Because that's how some people look at them?

In Z:TP it's an optional dungeon that gives you an unlimited wallet (and the amiibo that does this is coming packaged with the game in the first place), a couple of them refill your hearts once per day, and a couple of them refill your arrows once per day. Ganon makes you take double damage. Hardly anything worth getting angry about.

drich255 Guest

It is true that Nintendo is making bank off of Amiibos with collectors. But in the age of digital downloads and digital instruction books, being able to still buy something physical that you own is nice. I don't have any Amiibos yet, but I may end up getting the Twilight Princess one.

I don't buy/invest in retail items in order to sell them 20 years from now on Ebay. If I did, rare Amiibos would be something I would speculate on.
    Last edited by drich255; 22-01-16 at 02:27.

Fairly certain a majority of the people in the collecting community aren't buying to invest. We collect for the fun of it, and because we have a community in which we can make new friends. Don't know a single amiibo collector in my circles who's buying them to resell on eBay. In fact, we've looked down on them, and stop scalpers are certain stores from getting them.

With the initial release, Nintendo really didn't figure on how popular they'd become, and how many they'd need to ship. Some of the early ones had maybe 3 per store, and never restocked until almost a year later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12