Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petit Computer

Blog Entries

Default Petit Computer

This looks pretty cool. A basic programming app now in the DS store for download.

Check it:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...rKVecHp4pmWSzw

Blog Entries

They should add a tagline: Finally a more difficult way to type in a program. If you thought the ZX Spectrum's rubber keyboard was a pain in the arse wait till ya try a virtual keyboard!

Blog Entries

It's really not that bad. They have quick keys, if you type in G options for Goto Gosub, etc. all appear. Just click the word and it fill it in. I am just starting to play around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    They should add a tagline: Finally a more difficult way to type in a program. If you thought the ZX Spectrum's rubber keyboard was a pain in the arse wait till ya try a virtual keyboard!

focusrs Guest

Good ol' Basic, I spent many a hours programming games on my Atari 800 using the Monkey Wrench Cart and Basic. some games I programmed could be found on BBS's back in the day. Really got into those Player Missile graphics on the old Atari.

The only way I would ever use this is via a real keyboard. Seems very gimmicky to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Good ol' Basic, I spent many a hours programming games on my Atari 800 using the Monkey Wrench Cart and Basic. some games I programmed could be found on BBS's back in the day. Really got into those Player Missile graphics on the old Atari.
    I did as well, on my Atari 800XL. I remember spending a great deal of time making my own Player Missile graphics based version of an early demo on the Apple II called "Applevision". I called mine, "Atarivision", of course. If you still have the means to run Atari basic programs, you can check it out (and several of my other Atari 8-bit BASIC games and demos I made) by visiting the Atari Pages of my ancient, not updated in years website: http://www.nurmix.com/a_frames.htm (just click the "Download" button)

Note: There's also some Atari ST and Falcon software available there, which I, unfortunately, DIDN'T write.
    ;-)

spinal Guest

Has anyone made anything for this? It finally made it to the UK eshop, I got it yesterday, here is my first attempt at a game. The BASIC dialect is very similar to those used on the 8-bit micros back in the day so it wasn't too hard to throw something together in a shot period of time.

QR codes (only 2) for my first game 'Nibbler'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spinal View Post
    Has anyone made anything for this? It finally made it to the UK eshop, I got it yesterday, here is my first attempt at a game. The BASIC dialect is very similar to those used on the 8-bit micros back in the day so it wasn't too hard to throw something together in a shot period of time.

QR codes (only 2) for my first game 'Nibbler'.
    I got this too, but haven't written anything for it. Looking forward to try out your game.

focusrs Guest

I am attempting to write games for it we shall see.........

focusrs Guest

This thing is giving me flashbacks to programming games on my old Bally Astrocade Pretty simple to use, having quite a bit of fun with it just messing around getting used to it. Already starting to make sprites and such for my game

Last edited by focusrs; 29-07-13 at 09:23.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast