Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro VGS...Round 2 (AKA Coleco Chameleon)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TripHamer View Post
    Other then the loss of SoCal, I really didn't notice a lower quality of the show being produced. I thought it went well throughout.
    Thanks.

I think our Live News was less creative and more routine. Recently we've been getting back to shenanigans, 20 questions and I have a few prizes to give away so we can get back to the phrase that pays too.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

That was just a period we had to sort out, like we mentioned on the show, we just acknowledged choices he was already making like blowing the news off over and over for silly stuff and not preparing for the show. When he was there back in the old days he definitely contributed, but we knew that was over. We knew that it would take a few shows to get the right replacement and that coming out the other side we would have an improved show, and here we are. The same is true with the top ten, we missed a month rather than rush it and now we have a solid team that we are proud of.

And UK is right, we are pumping energy back into the live news and frankly having some fun with live reads and such. So keep the strange stories flowing into news@retrogamingroundup.com so we can share it!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I like Simon's segments, I enjoy listening to the stories. Great stuff!

It's a 5+ hour show each month and you guys don't miss months. Plus all the prep and production time to get it out the door. There's a lot of hard work and dedication going on there. Plus all the other stuff you do that goes with it. You guys are truly dedicated to the cause!
    GamerTag, iOS ID & Steam ID: TripHamer
    Tripping the Hammer since 1998!

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    and frankly having some fun with live reads and such.
    Yes, the live reads are excellent. One of my favorite so far was the one with the crappy wifi in the German hotel, classic.
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piff Merkin View Post
    Yes, the live reads are excellent.
    We should do some more then. Oh...
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    We should do some more then. Oh...
    You can do one at the gun range! It'll probably be the first Retro Gaming podcast to discharge firearms live.

Yes, more live reads and more shitty German WiFi!
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Instead of airing out the dirty laundry I've asked Scott to jump on a call to iron out the misunderstandings but there is no reply.
    Which suggests he doesn't want to do that. The solution is probably not to go through it here.
    If you have not read UK Mike's post #77 where he breaks it down do so.

Socal has sent me several different messages/emails/social media all of them failing to do a few things, and what he wants to do is talk his way out if this, not gonna happen.

Never addressing the two basic things that are pertinent:

1. Consolidate to the original company.

2. Acknowledge ALL contributors to the venture

And why just Scott? The Plaintiff count is near a dozen.
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 08-01-16 at 10:32.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Piff Merkin View Post
    Attachment 1743Attachment 1744
    Get ready for our Kickstarter date reveal happening here on our Facebook page live from Toy Fair NY at 9:30 AM ET next Saturday, February 13th. Then come back daily at 9:30 AM ET where we'll reveal a new Kickstarter Reward beginning with the Limited Early Bird Retail Package/Price.

I am not saying this is fake but I am saying the way in which it was photographed makes it look fake. No power light no visible controller ports. It does not show the "console" being hooked up to the T.V. It is not hooked up to a modern T.V. via HDMI so it is possible this is running on a hidden SNES.

Attachment 1745

The SHAGED-U-ARE PLATYPUS photo was taken better. Now you can tell the the other "console" is of the new machine tooling not just a Jaguar shell.m Hmmm.
    I guess we will find out in a few hours. I wouldn't expect the prototype to properly fit in the Jaguar box as I don't think there was enough time to do that. There could be a raspberry PI in there for all I know. Obviously people will eat them alive if it looks like any deception going on.

Blog Entries

Can't this thread just be locked* now? do we really need to have any more anti SoCal comments here? As a long time supporter and listener i fully understand that SoCal is not liked here anymore and the reasons why... so why should we keep that animosity going by adding to this thread? There are plenty of other forums out there which also enjoy highlighting SoCal's downfall at every turn... it's getting boring now and being honest i never did enjoy public executions much anyway.

*Scott you and Mike are very intelligent men, you've said what you want to say here and lockin this thread won;t make it go away so i'm not asking to erase it... just lock it to avoid dragging this public humiliation of an old friend/host out. If it was one of you guys in his shoes i'd ask the same, all three of you are important to me (and a lot of us listeners), it's like being a kid in a divorce.

Please think about locking the thread, there's no ambiguity on these pages, we can all see what SoCal has done... Lets rememebr he was once a good mate and leave it at that.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast