Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro VGS...Round 2 (AKA Coleco Chameleon)

Anyway, for what it's worth. This reminded me of something. A company I worked for, for over 22 years at some point in the middle of that time, split into 2 companies and then a third one that skimmed money off of the kitchen part of it. So on paper they were 3 companies, but we were all under the same health plan and payroll and such. It made very little difference from my end and it allowed them to do things in one part of the company and not the other. Eventually after I left, one of the companies folded (and I guess took the kitchen one with them) and today, there is still one out of the three left.

So it is a way of insulating things. It may turn out that as far as starting the new company goes, that Mike MAY of made a good decision (regardless of what his motives may be). How he handled it obviously left some people unhappy with it.

But time will tell of course.
    Last edited by TripHamer; 04-01-16 at 03:48.
    GamerTag, iOS ID & Steam ID: TripHamer
    Tripping the Hammer since 1998!

Blog Entries

There is nothing illegal going on as there are paper trails for all the loans I've personally made to GGLLC. Scott is a small minority owner of GGLLC and has little meat in the game. I am the one with all the risk, time spent and all the ownership so it is up to me how I run things. I've always done what I can to include my friends in these ventures but I certainly am under no obligation to do so.

As far as RGRU that was something the three of us started to be something fun and ultimately they forced me out without even giving me a chance to say goodbye to our listeners. Yes, it was after I said, off the record, the show was getting stale and needed a facelift but that is how I felt . . . And still do for what its worth. Instead of airing out the dirty laundry I've asked Scott to jump on a call to iron out the misunderstandings but there is no reply. And Trip good point. I've been advised to start the console company as a seperate company for a variety of reasons. The bottom line is the console company will help make the magazine/GG much more sustainable by association and the minority owners of that entity could finally see an upside.

What a storm..if Mike solely paid for the Jag molds, than yea I would think he should be entitled to them. If not, if it was a company purchase, than everyone in the company should have a say before transferring ownership to another company.

An easy solution would be joint ownership, with both sides having access to them. Maybe one for the actual console and one for rights to make molds for custom jag cases, or to mod for a raspberry pi system or something? Either way, this sounds like something Mike and Scott need to calmly talk out to figure out what the correct thing to do is going forward. Best of luck to both sides, I hope something can be worked out.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

We all hung out at Monroeworld together. Hopefully when enough time has passed, you all can get together and talk things out and maybe something good will come of it. The three of you have good chemistry on air together and it's never too late to fix things as long as your still living. Hopefully things won't be left on a sour note for too long.

Blog Entries

RETRO fell under GG as one company. The console was always a project under that company until he created the new company on the eve of the crowdfunding launch and everything was transferred, no disclosure to GG shareholders, no filings and no communication in any way. The rules and requirements were in no way followed, no two copies of the operating agreement are the same, and my legal advisor described it as a legal septic tank. There are rules about this stuff and they were not followed, but at best transferring assets to shield the launchpad that turned your idea into reality from any potential gains makes you a scum bag.

-Small minority shareholder = The only person other than family that bought into it
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 04-01-16 at 06:34.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

OOOk........At least your sorta talking. I guess this is why you actually hire people to advise and do this stuff properly. Anyway, if it fails, none of this really matters...only if it succeeds. Just the loss of a friendship I would gather.

It's probably not a good idea for legal reasons to discuss this stuff publicly (if it were to come to that), but I do appreciate the sharing. Again hopefully some good will come out of this.

More thoughts. Obviously, it breaks down to this: Besides possibly not following rules and or procedure or warning anyone, if the console succeeds under the new company, Then GG shareholders only get a fraction of what they would of got if the profit had stayed with them instead of the new company. Plus it was "taken away" from them, so to speak. As getting kickbacks from magazine subscriptions is not nearly the same. The flip side being, if the console fails and the company closes down or is sold off, then whatever value GG stock is worth (probably not much I gather from what's being said here), it will not probably get any worse due to this.

So I can kinda see both sides of this. It was probably a good idea to separate the console into a new company, but the way it was implemented, probably should of been more upfront and discussed first as people got hurt in the process.

In my mind, the only question is: What is fair to all involved? Cash payment at some point? Convert GG Stock to new stock? More Stock in GG? Better positions with the company('s)? There are plenty of possibilities that could make all parties happy to some extent. You can either keep what you have or take the risk. It'll be an interesting ride either way.

I'm not really directing this at anyone, I'm just interested in the process.

With situations like this, once I'm through throwing my fit, I try to look at it from all angles and try and find my advantages and that's basically my approach here.

Hope my thoughts here are found useful in some way.
    Last edited by TripHamer; 04-01-16 at 06:59.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    I've always done what I can to include my friends in these ventures but I certainly am under no obligation to do so.
    We've discussed this at length offline and it's done so we don't need to go into that here. I am talking specifically about "our" magazine. I have the forum thread where we discussed the whole process, as well as the unedited audio.

As far as RGRU that was something the three of us started to be something fun and ultimately they forced me out without even giving me a chance to say goodbye to our listeners.
    Come on Mike, you know I still have every recording we ever did, in full, unedited.

Again, this has been discussed at length offline and is actually partly in the show as well, in the public realm, so I will outline that part here.

Paraphrasing: "You had no time to do your segments, found them a bind to do, did not look forward to doing them and wanted to only do Top Ten and Live News. You did Colecovisions because Willie did all your editing and you literally dialled in, talked some and disconnected. RGR took much more time and effort on your part, time and effort you could not commit to while you concentrated on other projects."

Just 4 days later, you went to Surf Dogs instead of doing the Live News, that you had just agreed to do, after talking for around 90 minutes about possible solutions to keep you on the show. Ideas largely suggested by Scott and myself. Again, I have this in unedited audio.

After resigning, you emailed me to say you wanted to say goodbye and I asked you to send me the audio of you doing so in an email, to which you replied.

I did not get that audio.

There's no need to drag all this up again, especially when your memory of it is not accurate and cannot be backed up, unlike mine.

Yes, it was after I said, off the record
    Which you have just unwittingly put on the record.

the show was getting stale and needed a facelift but that is how I felt
    I think we mentioned this on air but my personal problems at the time and my lack of a stable home affected our creativity. Your lack of enthusiasm was also apparent. This is also attested to by emails from listeners. Again, I still have those.

. . . And still do for what its worth.
    This has been addressed and the show is bigger and better for it.

You are entitled to your opinion. It is not shared by all.

Instead of airing out the dirty laundry I've asked Scott to jump on a call to iron out the misunderstandings but there is no reply.
    Which suggests he doesn't want to do that. The solution is probably not to go through it here.

And Trip good point. I've been advised to start the console company as a separate company for a variety of reasons.
    The main one not being public, and not affecting me, fortunately.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Mike, seriously, you saw you were wrong to respond badly on Atari Age and apologised for it. I really don't want to have all this dragged up here. There's no point.

What's done is done. The resignation from the show and the magazine episode are water under the bridge. They have no bearing on this thread and really are best left alone.

The console saga is ongoing and that is what is being discussed here. Let's keep it to that.

So, tell us what's in it.....................
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    The console saga is ongoing and that is what is being discussed here. Let's keep it to that.

So, tell us what's in it.....................
    Well, I guess you get a Subscription to Retro Magazine when you purchase a Coleco. That's new.

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    I think we mentioned this on air but my personal problems at the time and my lack of a stable home affected our creativity. Your lack of enthusiasm was also apparent. This is also attested to by emails from listeners. Again, I still have those.
    Other then the loss of SoCal, I really didn't notice a lower quality of the show being produced. I thought it went well throughout.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast