Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro VGS...Round 2 (AKA Coleco Chameleon)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    @UKMike, please tell me that the bloke that took so long to transfer the forum from Gamegavel to the RGR website is Sean 'Lee' Robinson lol
    Haha! No, it wasn't, but it was somebody recommended by Socal.

I, however, have more smarts and erased the guy's access when he was done.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Its looking bad over there. Why can't Mike just say "as president of the company, my actions and the actions of those below me are my fault, and I am sorry"? That's all that needs to happen. None of this "I was super by Shawn, someone else believed him so I did too" crap. If he was duped, tell that story, but still take responsibility for what happened, not be all like "I didn't know it was a fake (it wasn't me)"

Quick edit, I posted my opinions over there, and they seem quite unpopular. Which I totally understand. When someone has done what Mike has, its hard to even think the word "reconcile." But I wanted to make sure not every voice over there was just people screaming for blood. If this is Mikes "Retro Gaming Wake", I just wanted to remember he did good things in the past, and hopefully someday he will see why people are angry, what he has done wrong, and go back to why he enjoys the hobby in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Leathco; 06-04-16 at 08:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Its looking bad over there. Why can't Mike just say "as president of the company, my actions and the actions of those below me are my fault, and I am sorry"? That's all that needs to happen. None of this "I was super by Shawn, someone else believed him so I did too" crap. If he was duped, tell that story, but still take responsibility for what happened, not be all like "I didn't know it was a fake (it wasn't me)"

Quick edit, I posted my opinions over there, and they seem quite unpopular. Which I totally understand. When someone has done what Mike has, its hard to even think the word "reconcile." But I wanted to make sure not every voice over there was just people screaming for blood. If this is Mikes "Retro Gaming Wake", I just wanted to remember he did good things in the past, and hopefully someday he will see why people are angry, what he has done wrong, and go back to why he enjoys the hobby in the first place.

Liked your Article Leathco , I also did not realize the guys would let us RGRUnuts write an article for the RGRU site :O. hmmmm, may have to start subbing some atricles!
    Twitter @ArcadeUSA
    Arcade USA Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512
    The ColecoVisions Podcast Blog - http://colecovisions...t.blogspot.com/
    The Atari 5200 Super Podcast Blog - http://the5200superp...t.blogspot.com/
    Intarivisions Podcast Blog - http://intarivisions.blogspot.com/
    Contributor on Gamester81.com - http://gamester81.com/arcade-usa/

You should Willie. I often have trouble keeping up with my youtube subs, but I like your vids and would love to see any articles you have in mind.

Ben Heckendorn had the most succinct point, which is that even if we accept that Mike's story, he's still responsible for the hiring and firing of con artists under his employment.

And I'll add that by continuously doubling-down and refusing due diligence to investigate what was clearly a lie, that makes Mike Kennedy a liar. There are so many times in this that an honest Mike Kennedy could have and should have investigated this mess and discovered what everyone else already knew. At one point, he was alone at the toy fair with the SNES-in-a-Jag, and all he had to do was open it up or even shine a flashlight in the front to see the SNES ports.

He didn't merely lack the evidence. He REFUSED to investigate.

There's no version of this in which Mike is innocent. Even if he is both completely stupid and didn't do anything except write checks, he's still responsible for the project and should never have even spoken to Coleco unless he had a product physically in his hands that he could inspect himself (i.e., turn it on and swap games). There's no excuse for that.

Mike ends his post disingenuously by "thanking" the Atari Age forum for "opening his eyes". Bullshit. I've never seen anyone so intent on refusing to have his eyes opened, which supposedly the individuals behind the prototypes, the Kickstarter campaign, and the Facebook page continued to perpetuate fraud under his watch. We're supposed to believe that he wasn't involved any of this?

The only common element at every stage of this story has been Mike Kennedy himself. So not only are we to believe that he's innocent, but a cabal of people, many of whom don't even know each other, all acted to commit fraud for no other conceivable reason except to make Mike Kennedy look like a fool.

...it's either that or Mike Kennedy is a con artist. Hmm, which could it be?
    Last edited by TV's Mr. Neil; 09-04-16 at 05:56. Reason: condensed rant and made more coherent
    Dasien - Superhero Webcomic
    Read it now at http://www.dasien.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TV's Mr. Neil View Post
    ...Or Mike Kennedy is a con man.
    I think he had every intention of bringing a console to market, just didn't have the smarts to listen to the genuine people wanting genuine money for their genuine work or the smarts to do it on the cheap.

I think he is a conman in that he wanted to get through crowd funding with smoke and mirrors and then have genuine people do genuine work with genuine money. Other people's money.

It's perhaps ironic that Mike got scammed with his own scam.

Sean "Mr Lee" Robinson had continually moving goalposts, impossible time frames and budgets around which to design a console. He had to produce prototypes for Mike to talk about and show off in videos long before he should have been doing so.

Sean obviously wanted paying for the time he spent doing it.

Scammer got scammed. Film at 11.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I think he was legitimately wanting to bring it out, and wanted it so badly that the want for it blinded him to what was going on. Kinda like having tunnel vision, he was so set on the goal that he couldn't see what was obvious to the rest of us. Its a shame, because if he caught the probs early enough, maybe we would be seeing the development cycle happening now instead of a dead project.

Interesting how SoCal has become a bigger villain than the Deaf CD Thief. I sense a hack of CGE Adventures: you're SoCal trying to capture the golden prototype from the fake hardware engineers at the Toy Fair, only to discover that it's a SNES in the end and you get hauled off to jail!

So let me get the story straight: there's all this speculation that SoCal's hardware guy fakes the first prototype, then SoCal believes this guy has finished a second prototype and launches the Kickstarter without even seeing it or testing it?! Unbelievable...
    Intellivision and ColecoVision Flashback Upgrade Service - Upgrade your flimsy FB to the Ultimate Flashback!
    2600 Games - DK Arcade 2600, EMR II, Epic Adventure, CGE Adventures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Byte Knight View Post
    Interesting how SoCal has become a bigger villain than the Deaf CD Thief. I sense a hack of CGE Adventures: you're SoCal trying to capture the golden prototype from the fake hardware engineers at the Toy Fair, only to discover that it's a SNES in the end and you get hauled off to jail!
    Haha! That would be a great hack.

So let me get the story straight: there's all this speculation that SoCal's hardware guy fakes the first prototype, then SoCal believes this guy has finished a second prototype and launches the Kickstarter without even seeing it or testing it?! Unbelievable...
    Unbelievable is the word. That's why I don't believe it.

Todd, do you have a jpg of the Elvis character?

I need it for CGE Web Adventures.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

The Kickstarter didn't launch.
    It was pulled at the very last moment. From memory, he said at the time he had found his funding or a backer so didn't need the crowdfunding. This point hasn't really been discussed much on AA forum surprisingly. SoCal has said he was the victim of a scam, he may of been... But this reason he said why the Kickstarter wasn't lunched is a straight out lie, that is on him.
    By the time the Kickstarter was pulled we were actually up to about our fourth fake prototype.
    During the Indigogo campaign their was the famous video. Their was also the 3D rendered pic, can't remember if that was just to show an idea of final product or was said this is how it will look. Also can't remember if that was the cardboard one too. Would have to go back thru the 8000+ posts on AA to get correct info timeline lol.
    The whole reason he went with IGG the first attempt. Said they wooed him but that's a lie he wanted badly to go with Kickstarter but couldn't fake his way in with them. He was ready to launch with kickstarter first time around right up to 11th hour if he could fake his way in.
    But the most recent was 2 fake prototypes for the second crowdfunding attempt the Kickstarter campaign as it was needed to launch.
    The first of the Kickstarter fakes (about the third fake overall) was at the toy fair with snes mini inside the Jag shell and SoCal had the opportunity to check during the show when the Internet lit up with the identification of the fake. He chose not to - SoCal has admitted that. I think up until then, a lot of RGR listeners were still supportive in a way but I think it was at this point that even his most loyal supporters dumped him. Then although it was proven the toy fair was just a Snes mini SoCal still paid the guy 'Sean LEE Robinson' to keep building a prototype, and the final fake was a CCTV capture card. This took a few days to be identified by the Internet and again SoCal paid the guy...
    SoCal had no choice by this stage to pull the second crowdfunding attempt. He then comes onto the AA forum about a month later to tell how he was scammed and is the victim. That he had the chance to check the toy fair fake but chose to remain ignorant and how although proven fake continued to make payments. He did not get any or very little sympathy from the AA forum, if anything made him look Worse.
    The speculation is that he was paying for anything that could be seen as a prototype just to get it thru to the Kickstarter campaign then once funded he would pay for a proper build. The speculation then says if that happened it would of been worse for SoCal as it would not of been enough money to get proper hardware prototypes built then have enough to build the the actual consoles.
    Were it's at now, is everything SoCal is involved in is now considered poison. Gamegavel which looks to be forgotten about anyway with lack of any updates. And Socals Retro magazine with attacks on the last few issues quality and speculation that it now has large debt burdens.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast