Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro VGS...Round 2 (AKA Coleco Chameleon)

Damn it, he does this the SAME DAY I post my blog story about how mike can reconcile with the gaming community. Too bad his story has major holes. First, claiming he was the only one who lost money is a joke. Anyone who has a stake in gamegavel or retro mag lost money. Throwing Scott under the bus was also not a smart move. I'm fairly sure Scott gave Mike good hardware advice, which he used and ran with. Also, if Mike had doubts about the Snes in a jag at the fair, why wouldnt he just open it up after the fair and see for himself, especially if its his money paying for it all. Why did he keep cutting checks when he was seeing no returns on his investment?

I have a feeling this is a mix of truth and lies to try and cover his ass, to be honest. Just too many holes in the story. Again, I don't know as much as Scott. I would STRONGLY urge Socal to come 100 percent clean on an unedited episode of retro gaming roundup with UK Mike and Scott present.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Am I reading that he is saying he was unaware at all stages of the fake prototypes?
    Yet he had a chance mid toy fair to - be aware! But he chose ignorance so as to deny his knowledge? This is how I read that.
    It's sad that he lost money. But if I was chasing my dream business and if didn't work out, I'd be thankful at it being only $10k. I say 'only' because his Indiegogo campaign was after 2 million!
    He has said he was the only one that lost money. No he wasn't. I lost money backing his Indiegogo campaign. I had to pay international transaction fee when I backed it and when I got the refund. It must of been treated as a cash advance on my credit card as normally don't have these fees when purchasing goods from overseas. It was only $40 in total but if this occurred to all international backers that would add up I guess.
    I don't know if this whole thing has affected the Retro magazine but after 2 years of subscribing I won't be going around again. I have not enjoyed the last few issues only finding a couple of articles of interest to me.
    I don't know if it was possible for SoCal to write something to allow him a chance of recovery. But this was not that something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not want to say anything but "Socal" Mike Kennedy you deserve no benefit of the doubt because you sir are a liar. A liar many times over, even your lies lie. It makes me nauseous to think of how much Retro Mag (an awesome product you should have focused on) 2nd funded kickstarter monies you possibly used on this Chameleon bullshit, it sure as hell did not go to the quality of the magazine.

They like you on this forum Sir and so do I. We hate your lying. Your reputation is shot to hell because of you not because any of us, Scott or UK Mike. Not fully because of the failed Chameleon attempt but because you keep lying. We are not stupid.

You AND ONLY you Mike Kennedy posted pics on the Retro VGS Facebookonly, you posted what you could only have know to be deceptive.
    You also said you were pulling the kickstarter because you were being funded by an outside party.

We are or used to be (your choice) your friends here. Stop the BS admit your mistake and lets move on.

Oh yeah. BS proof. In this pic the caption was . . . here is the prototype we are about to box it up for the Toy Fair tomorrow.
    10399481_946884832047454_218235506560392271_n.jpg
    You knew what this was and you knew it was fake. From the controllers to inserting the damn cart. Tape on the damn cart with your finger prints on it no doubt.

But we didn't loose money (some who worked with you did) but we didn't so why should we care. OUR FRIEND LIED TO US. A PERSON WE LOOKED UP TO LIED TO US. SOMEONE WE WOULD HAVE POSSIBLY DONE BUSINESS WITH LIED TO US. SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO SELL US SPECIAL BEST OF EDITIONS OF RETRO MAGAZINE IS STILL LYING TO US!!!!! IT IS %100 FACT YOU ARE LYING, HAVE BEEN AND CONTINUE!!

p.s. If it is not too much to ask could you please send Scott a clear Jag Shell? Thanks.
    p.s.s. Your magazine is finished but hey Atari Age only ran for 11 mags.
    Last edited by Piff Merkin; 05-04-16 at 07:32.
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

In addition to my other post, Triverse said his attempt to take over Retro fell through. SoCal claimed he was never contacted. Did Triverse attempt a takeover by contacting other shareholders, or is Socal leaving something out. I'd love to see Triverse respond to the accusation Socal is throwing out.

And its preposterous to claim Scott had zero to do with the system, as numerous episodes have Scott and Mike talking about the system, and I'm damn sure Scott gave Mike advice on the system.

[QUOTE= Also, if Mike had doubts about the Snes in a jag at the fair, why wouldnt he just open it up after the fair and see for himself, especially if its his money paying for it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yep, I thought the same thing. I was suppose to be at the toy fair (invited by Coleco, to help promote the brand and the Colecovision podcast) as well, my flights were cancelled that weekend and I was not able to make it up there. Had I been there, that "proto" would have had a date with Mr. Screwdriver :P regardless of that "lee" guy saying dont open it or it will break. I am a Robotics Engineer, I think I can fix it if it did :P. It is a shame that a string of bad decisions has led to all this. Even if he did come 100 percent clean, it probably would still not be good enough for some.

I to would be interested to hear more about Retro mag being taken over (I like the mag even though I was forced out from writing for it :P). Have not seen rebuttal on this yet over on Atariage, but very curious of what was going on.
    Twitter @ArcadeUSA
    Arcade USA Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512
    The ColecoVisions Podcast Blog - http://colecovisions...t.blogspot.com/
    The Atari 5200 Super Podcast Blog - http://the5200superp...t.blogspot.com/
    Intarivisions Podcast Blog - http://intarivisions.blogspot.com/
    Contributor on Gamester81.com - http://gamester81.com/arcade-usa/

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Yep, I thought the same thing. I was suppose to be at the toy fair (invited by Coleco, to help promote the brand and the Colecovision podcast) as well, my flights were cancelled that weekend and I was not able to make it up there. Had I been there, that "proto" would have had a date with Mr. Screwdriver :P regardless of that "lee" guy saying dont open it or it will break. I am a Robotics Engineer, I think I can fix it if it did :P. It is a shame that a string of bad decisions has led to all this. Even if he did come 100 percent clean, it probably would still not be good enough for some.

I to would be interested to hear more about Retro mag being taken over (I like the mag even though I was forced out from writing for it :P). Have not seen rebuttal on this yet over on Atariage, but very curious of what was going on.
    I have a tremendous amount of respect for you focusrs and because of that respect I have to say this. No doubt exists, Mike Kennedy is a liar, those are the missteps. Ponzi scheme? Like using assets from one company and (Game Gavel) (Retro Game Mag 2 year Kickstarter) and using it for another company RVGS?

Mike knew there was no prototype early on, this is not opinion but what all the evidence points to,he wanted to fund the company to make the product. He tried to fake his way through the Kickstarter but didn't make it. Now he is loosing his ass at Retro and that is why he is coming out with his latest story. That is what he wants, us to buy the Magazine. He is using us again. It is not time for anger it is just time to walk away from Mike Kennedy.

I do not think Triverse trying to take over Retro was legitimate, I think it was a joke as it was going to be announced on April 1 perhaps in bad taste but there it is.

Personally, I suggest everyone stay away from any business dealings with Mike Kennedy. None of you want anything to do with Retro right now.

Mike no longer has the power for us to believe his lies and to manipulate us. AGAIN WHAT MIKE KENNEDY WANTS IS "ABSOLUTION' SO HE WON'T LOOSE RETRO MAGAZINE" He is willing to lie many times over to gain what he wants. focusrs he has no problem lying to his friends because he also lies to himself. He is a pathological liar. I would not doubt if he now tries to contact you and explain what he wrote, and improve a few things to accomplish what he wants.

I do not want to see our Willy get kicked around.
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

For what its worth, Triverse never got back with me with my offer to assist writing if he needed to fill issues for fulfilling the obligation to backers if he got the mag. Not a big deal, as apparently his offer to buy the mag fell through, and he may have just disregarded the PM after he found out witnessing happening. He has also not commented on Mikes allegation the he was never contacted by Triverse, which would be required as a majority holder in the company. I'm hoping to hear his side soon.

Last edited by Leathco; 05-04-16 at 05:59.

My simple take on that story is this:

As written, it sounds like Socal just said he was incredibly naive and has zero business sense. Or common sense for that matter. To me that just conflicts with the fact that he was able to startup both Retro Mag and Game Gavel in the first place. I can't comment on what is true or not. Only that it doesn't make enough sense to me.
    GamerTag, iOS ID & Steam ID: TripHamer
    Tripping the Hammer since 1998!

Oh god. Mike posted pictures of the checks he wrote to show what money he lost. One check was dated 2-29, AFTER the capture card fiasco happened. When questioned about it, the pictures of the checks disappeared. Than they came back, with mike saying that Sean "mr lee" deleted them.

I wanted to hope that the truth was starting to come out in bits and parts, but....it doesnt look good. He wasnt the only one that lost cash in this, and it looks like he is just trying to claim he's a victim.

Edit: apparently it was the same day. Either way, with the doubts of the previous days of the card, to continue cash flow would be insanity.

Last edited by Leathco; 06-04-16 at 05:24.

I just caught up on AA, I joined it a while back because of that thread. Read the hundreds of pages back then for light entertainment. Well the entertainment continues on that thread.
    @UKMike, please tell me that the bloke that took so long to transfer the forum from Gamegavel to the RGR website is Sean 'Lee' Robinson lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast