Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro VGS...Round 2 (AKA Coleco Chameleon)

Heck, I can't see Retro Magazine or Gamegavel lasting much longer. Mike's actions in this project are destroying his legitimate ventures.

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

Tricky X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Heck, I can't see Retro Magazine or Gamegavel lasting much longer. Mike's actions in this project are destroying his legitimate ventures.

GameGavel barely works anymore. Pictures don't even render on the site anymore, they haven't for days. It's a joke. Just pull up the page and look at the mess of broken pictures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky X View Post
    GameGavel barely works anymore. Pictures don't even render on the site anymore, they haven't for days. It's a joke. Just pull up the page and look at the mess of broken pictures.
    Oh Wow!

Take a look at readretro.com too, not only is there nothing retro on it, it hasn't been updated since October.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Must have been too busy building that prototype.
    Dasien - Superhero Webcomic
    Read it now at http://www.dasien.com

I will be releasing the interview with John Carlsen soon. Editing it now. When it is done, I will be giving RGR a copy to post on their site, it will be on my site - Retro Gaming Magazine and also will be archived on AtariAge forums. It is hopefully a worthy read for many that have followed this debacle- I know I was surprised more than once at some stuff.

Did you guys know, according to my research that Readretro.com apparently gets over 1,000,000 views (verifiable via many 3rd party services). Now to go look at that Facebook page...
    The Phoenix will be revealed soon...

focusrs Guest

Coleco (I know River West Brands :P) has been calling me during all of this. I have been giving my thoughts on the situation to them which has lead them to what is going on now to inspect the "prototype" (yea right) within 7 days. I doubt very much Coleco is going to move forward with this project, I believe this is just a formality to dump it. I have seen Gamegavel decline over the past few months and recently saw Patrick Scott Patterson leave RETRO magazine so that does not bode well either. It appears everything is crashing now.

I am very saddened by the turn of events that have occurred, I used to hear from Mike quite often, but since this latest faux chameleon appeared, nothing....

Nothing is harder on person than trying to stand by a friend and then have something like this occur. I am grateful Scott and UK stuck by me, I was a blind fool and those two beat it out of me (Focus has a thick head :P). It seems now anyone and everyone even slightly connected to Mike is getting attacked. I am thankful Scott and UK have stuck up for me though, it has helped

My biggest flaw is I tend to be to trusting, especially with family and friends. I also tend to try to see the good in everything which tends to get me in trouble to :P

Focus, nothing to be ashamed of for defending a friend. I didn't know what to think at first, but things started locking in as evidence became more and more damning.

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Coleco (I know River West Brands :P) has been calling me during all of this. I have been giving my thoughts on the situation to them which has lead them to what is going on now to inspect the "prototype" (yea right) within 7 days. I doubt very much Coleco is going to move forward with this project, I believe this is just a formality to dump it.
    This is what I believe, too. This seems like a well-orchestrated exit strategy that leaves no room for SoCal to cry foul when the time expires. If he can't deliver the prototype in seven days, then it's safe to say that he didn't have one.

Personally, I think SoCal was in trouble with Coleco ever since New York Toy Fair. This is entirely conjecture, but I have a lot of suspicion that SoCal made the last two prototypes to appease growing doubts from within Coleco that maybe he didn't have a prototype. The Toy Fair model and the capture card model were so brazen that, to me, it seems like SoCal would have only done those if he was under the gun to produce something. Otherwise, he could have just not shown anything, stalled, and made up a story.

But like I said, that's just conjecture. The thing is, Coleco's message was very neutral and accomodating for Mike, but behind it, like you said, they're probably laying out their exit strategy.

There's almost always more going on behind the scenes than the rest of us are aware, and I strongly suspect that Mike's troubles with Coleco began weeks before this.

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    My biggest flaw is I tend to be to trusting, especially with family and friends. I also tend to try to see the good in everything which tends to get me in trouble to :P
    Everybody has that flaw. We all give our friends breaks, often more than we should. It's part of being human.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

Not sure if this has been posted but gamester81 speaks out...

Errrgghhhh...That video is a little cringe-worthy.

I don't think that Gamester81 was in any way involved in the Chameleon other than being a publisher. I think his reputation is still pretty solid. But I also think he makes a lot of naive arguments. Specifically where he states "Let's think about this logically...Why would [Mike] want to fuck people over?".

Questions of "why" are always a last resort in defending a person's honor. It's like asking "Why would OJ kill his wife?". Well, I don't care WHY he would do it, because it's apparent that he did. And on that note, I would defer to Vincent Bugliosi.

Having personal incredulity of a person's motivation doesn't overrule direct evidence.

Why would Mike put an SNES mini inside of a Jaguar shell? Why would Mike put a capture card inside of a Jaguar shell? I don't care, because I can see quite clearly that that's what it is.

Also, I think John is taking Pat Contri's words a little too personally. When I saw Pat's video, it seemed to me he was talking more about the gaming press and their lack of coverage. It was also perfectly obvious to the internet at large that something was very wrong with the Retro VGS, even as far as the last quarter of 2015.
    Last edited by TV's Mr. Neil; 04-03-16 at 09:31. Reason: typo

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast