Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro VGS...Round 2 (AKA Coleco Chameleon)

Quote Originally Posted by triverse View Post
    Are you saying the "press" have been on the take for years and accepting money for coverage? No wonder people tell me Retro Gaming Magazine is not a member of the press- we haven't taken a penny for coverage. Advertising is another story though, but I believe that is considered fine as it is clearly marked as "Advertising".
    Send me a pm. I would like to know your advertising rates.
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by triverse View Post
    Are you saying the "press" have been on the take for years and accepting money for coverage?
    Yes.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Wow. I have been doing things wrong for nearly a decade now. Damn integrity.
    The Phoenix will be revealed soon...

The Phoenix will be revealed soon...

None here.
    Because why should you settle for just an average merkin?
    www.jri-rigg.com

Blog Entries

It's a SNES Mini. No doubt about it.

I don't think the final unit will look anything like that because I don't think Mike is a scammer.

I do however think he is economical with the truth and there would seem to be two possible scenarios
    A: They don't yet have a prototype board done
    B: They have a prototype board but it wasn't ready in time for the toy fair

I think B is more likely and hopefully that is the case. Option A is pretty unthinkable.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Unless they somehow cannibalized a SNES mini board and hacked a prototype onto it? I guess it's possible. I guess it doesn't matter what it is at this point. It just bought them some more time for the moment and put the Coleco on the map so to speak. It's probably not even a case of fraud yet, but just a concept. At least till they take money...I would like to think that Socal is not stupid enough to do that. I'm guessing that Friday's Kickstarter launch should put things in there proper light.
    Last edited by TripHamer; 24-02-16 at 06:10.
    GamerTag, iOS ID & Steam ID: TripHamer
    Tripping the Hammer since 1998!

Check the recent bundles update. Why do they need separate colecovision and intellivision controllers? Weren't the controllers similar back when the original systems were put, or at least close enough to where a single usb controller could replicate the feel?

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Why do they need separate colecovision and intellivision controllers?
    A cash grab.

The same reason they don't put all Colecovision titles on one cart and all Intellivision games on another cart.

How many times has Mike slammed these compilations for trickling out the AAA titles with a few minor titles as a bundle and then releasing multiple volumes of them?
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    I don't think the final unit will look anything like that because I don't think Mike is a scammer.
    I agree with this to a point. I think that Mike has a vision, and he wants to see that vision come true. He's not going to try to make a system that isn't what he promised.

However, when someone tries to attract investors with with a "prototype" that clearly isn't what he says it is, I have a hard time not calling that scam.

Quote Originally Posted by TripHamer View Post
    Unless they somehow cannibalized a SNES mini board and hacked a prototype onto it? I guess it's possible.
    Why on earth would anyone do that? If you're going to cannibalize someone else's board, why would you still use their proprietary A/V output? Why would you even patch your prototype into that? Why would you patch your prototype into the proprietary Nintendo DC power connector?

See why this doesn't make any sense?

It looks like a Super Nintendo. It has the Super Nintendo cartridge input. It uses Super Nintendo controllers. The way the board sticks out the back is identical to the way it would if it was just a SNES Junior under the shell.

But what do I know? If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it must be a Chameleon.
    Dasien - Superhero Webcomic
    Read it now at http://www.dasien.com

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast