Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Picross

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Picross

Anybody else pick this up on the 3DS store?

I didn't know Picross could become annoying.

There's no need for a Pokémon story in between levels. I play Picross to do Picross puzzles, not to explore and find creatures in between puzzles.

They also dicked up the controls a bit.

Picross is best played with buttons and the game allows you to do that, but then to go to the next level, you have to use the stylus (or your thumbnail) and the box you have to select is quite small so you don't always hit it the first time.

If you forget (which I do every time) and press a button, it tells you to use the stylus. They clearly knew people would hit a button and coded in what to say when they do, why not just code in button control on that selection screen?

Muppets!

There is far too much Pokémon in Pokémon Picross!!
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

I'm quite angry.

Hehe ™
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

I've always been more than happy with stylus controls for the DS versions

The theme is ok with me, and I like the way special pokemon appear and you get 15x20 puzzles for them

What I don't like is that you cannot earn enough picrites in a world to unlock the next one, so you either have to pay, or play the training mode every day for a week to earn more picrites to progress

It should have been balanced so that if you solved them fast and without mistakes the rewards were enough, but if your a bit slow then you can then either pay our grind whilst your skills improve

drich255 Guest

Agreed. A new puzzle or two a day wouldn't be too much to ask from a free game. And I don't know why they insist on the stylus controls in-between puzzles. It is a design flaw. It is like a PC program insisting on mouse clicks and not allowing commonly used shortcut keys.

So far I haven't paid for any content. I don't mind paying for games that I enjoy, but for this game I would be willing to pay about $10. I think it is more like $30 if you want to unlock the whole game.

Jeremy Parish gave a great review of it on US Gamer. As he points out, the challenges become almost meaningless once you pay to have unlimited picrites, because the only reward with the challenges are more picrites.

I am not one, but I can see how Pokemon fans might enjoy it more.
    Last edited by drich255; 08-12-15 at 04:30.

I hit a point in the game where I need to get more of the picrites to advance. Don't have my game on me at the moment, but it's right when the path splits. I went one direction, and can't advance to the next without the picrites.

random_dave Guest

What the hell is the blue force skill meant to do

random_dave Guest

I found the codes for unlocking the secret levels

JP: 72398476 80930344 75946452 15768352

US: 75603372 34111425 72005601 96734255

Five sets for EU, so might be language-locked
    18587211 89907383 74326715 77742314

21602893 24235988 77858192 20886261

97053818 19871870 90176937 31986915

71402434 52856270 24177718 38651076

50559005 56005335 91393494 16456607

Blog Entries

Nice one random.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

bjones371 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    What the hell is the blue force skill meant to do
    It marks in blue the number hints for rows or columns that have squares you can "confirm" rather than guess at. Could be a filled in square or an X, but it just shows you which rows and columns to focus on.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

random_dave Guest

I figured out the intention behind the blue force and it has become my friend at some of the larger puzzles

It informed me today that I needed to mega evolve a pokemon to unlock access to a stage, and I could do this by buying an item that was 500 picrites.
    It's been taking a week of daily training to earn enough to unlock the next set of stages, so I can't see that happening anytime soon, so now I'm in a quandary of understanding that they don't want to just give the whole game away for free too easily, but I don't like being given the hard sell