Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U eShop

drich255 Guest

Default Wii U eShop

SMB3 will finally get released for the 3DS and Wii U in North America in April.

The following GBA games will also have April releases for the Wii U:
    -Advance Wars
    -Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
    -Metroid Fusion
    -Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
    -WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
    -F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    -Golden Sun
    -Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._on_april_17th

I am not sure how I feel about GBA games on the Wii U. You can play VC games strictly on the gamepad if your TV isn't available, but it isn't truly portable.

I can see buying GBA games for the Wii U if:
    - the game is rare and expensive
    - the game is an import
    - the game is long (like an RPG)
    - the game is difficult and would benefit from saved states
    - you are tired of small screens

Otherwise, I would probably prefer just to play the original GBA games on original hardware.
    Last edited by drich255; 27-03-14 at 02:58.

Vipp Guest

When you decide to buy MArio Bros 3 you may want to consider the Border issue i have. It isn't chopping any of the game off (and Diagamblic assures me it's normal and regular TV's from back in the day and Emulators do away with this annoying border) but Nintendo couldn't manage. It's just annoying when you are playing the game, it would be nice to see that gone to be fair. I wanted to posta few images of my 3DS playing the game to show folks so here they are.

IMG_4753.JPGIMG_4754.jpgIMG_4755.jpgIMG_4757.JPG

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    When you decide to buy MArio Bros 3 you may want to consider the Border issue i have. It isn't chopping any of the game off (and Diagamblic assures me it's normal and regular TV's from back in the day and Emulators do away with this annoying border) but Nintendo couldn't manage. It's just annoying when you are playing the game, it would be nice to see that gone to be fair. I wanted to posta few images of my 3DS playing the game to show folks so here they are.

IMG_4753.JPGIMG_4754.jpgIMG_4755.jpgIMG_4757.JPG
    Wow. That does look off. I hadn't heard of that glitch before. You do expect better from Nintendo (especially when you are paying good money for these games).

I have Mega Man 2 and 3 for the 3DS. They don't have that problem. I wonder if it is because they kept the sides black and aren't noticable whereas SMB3 has the sides the color of the sky.
    Last edited by drich255; 28-03-14 at 03:51.

drich255 Guest

DuckTales: Remastered temporary discount - $7.49 (until April 17th - USA eShop). I bought this a while ago, but for those of you that were on the fence...
    Last edited by drich255; 11-04-14 at 02:22.

drich255 Guest

The NES version of Gargoyle's Quest II might be released on the Wii U/3DS eShop. It is out in Japan right now. Hopefully it comes to other markets.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...nsole_in_japan

Vipp Guest

I will be picking that up if it does get a European release. i really enjoyed the first game and managed to get to the end. (I had my ass whooped by Satan but eventually i managed to beat him.) This is great news.

Until then i will enjoy Warioland on the original GB.

drich255 Guest

Looks like the physical copies of Gargoyle's Quest 2 sell for $50-80. The VC would be a great alternative way to enjoy the game legally.

Kid Dracula for GB would be another good one on the VC 3DS (which will probably never happen).
    Last edited by drich255; 21-05-14 at 04:55.

Wow, it sells for that much? I happen to have a boxed copy.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    Wow, it sells for that much? I happen to have a boxed copy.
    Nice! That is what multiple sellers are currently asking for on Ebay. Could be wishful thinking, but it probably is reflective of the rarity and demand. The used ones on Amazon start at $70.

The only one with actual bids sold for $56 (cart only).
    Last edited by drich255; 27-05-14 at 12:32.

drich255 Guest

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) is now available in the Wii U eShop for the UK. I'll buy it if it gets a US release. I think it was Retronauts that was recommending the Klonoa games.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.