Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wii U Super Mario Maker

Blog Entries

Apparently Nintendo are deleting people's levels, is it true?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Apparently Nintendo are deleting people's levels, is it true?
    I personally haven't had any levels removed yet, but I believe Nintendo is removing levels after a few months that don't get a lot of play and stars (likes). The exact criteria doesn't seem to be clear. And from reports from different people, Nintendo does send you a notification. And of course, it is just removed from the server. You still have a local copy of it that you should be able to update and re-upload.

That's not actually true it seems, there's some situations where people have had levels removed, and you cannot reupload the level.
    Some of this may be due to favouriting abuse or words in the level name that they don't like, but sometimes it is seemingly random
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-deletes-e...r-s-1766213101

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-deleti...out-1753248157

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-still-...ake-1765051639

Thanks for the clarification, RandomDave. That is harsh. Nintendo should make clear what their policy is. The speedrunner that lost everything seems more like a strange glitch/bug since his whole account got wiped, including all of his stats.

I thought there could be a work around with saving the level in another slot, renaming it, and uploading it -- but I assume that doesn't work (I imagine people would have tried this approach before trying to duplicate the level by hand). Very strange.

I haven't had any levels removed yet, but I have only had the game since Christmas. And I have self-removed most of my levels to make room for other ideas or to make improvements and then re-upload them. I've kept the total stars earned even after removing the level -- it is just that those stars won't be associated with that level when I re-upload it (but my total count didn't decrease). So I was eventually able to reach the 50 Star threshold by improving levels and switching out less popular ones (50 stars are needed to be able to upload 20 levels). Now that my levels are more stable, I'll have to wait and see if any get removed by Nintendo.

I have only reported one level to Nintendo that I found inappropriate while playing the 100-Mario challenge. It had the N-word spelled out with blocks.

IGN's Peer Schneider has made many amazing levels: Peer's Mario Maker Profile

My favorite is a Mario 3 AirShip level that he made into a train (normal): The Great Train Heist - 9981-0000-0044-F879

Another fun one that has falling platforms where you dodge spikes (super expert): Lollipops and Thistles - BEBE-0000-0173-7F2A
    Last edited by drich255; 02-04-16 at 06:22.

Okay, Nintendo just removed three of my Super Mario Maker levels from the server. They gave me a pop-up notification after the fact when I loaded up Mario Maker today (a separate pop-up message for each level). The reason they gave for each was that they weren't being played enough.

Blog Entries

Maybe they ran out of disk space.....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345