Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Super Mario Maker

drich255 Guest

I did get it for Christmas. I haven't made my own levels yet, but I have really been enjoying the 2015 World Champion Event Courses. "Yoshi is Awesome!" was such a fun course (the winner of the Famitsu contest). Took me about 30 minutes to beat it. It was a clean looking level with fun bite-sized mini challenges. No mad precise jumping skills needed.

After 25 years, Super Mario Maker is the true sequel to Super Mario World!
    Last edited by drich255; 30-12-15 at 09:02.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    Right, I've done some small levels with the limited tools available early on.
    They're kind of exploring some ideas I've been having for possible unique ways of doing something a little challenging, but fair, and maybe sowing the seeds for a grander plan once i have more stuff to do a series of challenge rooms

First short level - C72D-0000-0136-8DD8
    Attachment 1733

Putting some 'room' ideas together, with a hint of lemmings towards the end - 6E4A-000-0145-D109
    Attachment 1734
    I just set the world record on your first level (16.011 seconds). Nice design!

random_dave Guest

Thanks, I thought I'd prefer the idea of just playing an infinite number of Mario stages more than hours trying to make something ultimately disappointing, but it's so easy on here it gets addictive thinking of potentially fun things

It would be cool if there were a few people on here interested on making and we could pick a theme and spend a month making a level around that theme then all play them and vote for the best, I'm sure I could find something Mario related to give out as a prize

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    Thanks, I thought I'd prefer the idea of just playing an infinite number of Mario stages more than hours trying to make something ultimately disappointing, but it's so easy on here it gets addictive thinking of potentially fun things

It would be cool if there were a few people on here interested on making and we could pick a theme and spend a month making a level around that theme then all play them and vote for the best, I'm sure I could find something Mario related to give out as a prize
    Great idea. And I agree, it has been a lot of fun creating now that I am exploring that side. I am working on a level, but haven't uploaded it yet.

I've finished your other levels. I am not going to get the record for 'Up in the sky'. It took me several tries to finish and when I did it was at 49 seconds (record is just under 34 seconds).
    Last edited by drich255; 05-01-16 at 03:20.

And there's a fan made PC version available.

http://luniney.neocities.org/SuperMarioReMaker/

Snagged it in case Big N takes it down but haven't got around to trying it yet.
    GamerTag, iOS ID & Steam ID: TripHamer
    Tripping the Hammer since 1998!

drich255 Guest

Just an easy beginner's level: (Level Removed)
    Last edited by drich255; 17-03-16 at 07:47.

drich255 Guest

My attempt at a Tetris themed level: 053A-0000-01F9-F310 - Platforming Among Tetrominoes 3

I am sure there are already tons of Tetris levels that exist, but this is my take on one.
    Last edited by drich255; 17-03-16 at 07:38.

drich255 Guest

So the clear rate of a given level will get it categorized as Easy, Normal, or Expert. I think a level needs a clear rate of 40% or better to get marked as easy (so basically passing the level after 1-2 tries). Based on the clear rate of my "easy" level (15%), I think it shows that Super Mario Maker has a broad user base, many of whom are not that good at Mario games. The clear rates will probably go up over time as users continue to play and improve their skills.

Not that this is scientific. My levels are still relatively new and it may have just been one person that continually died on my course and others didn't have much of a problem.

With that in mind, I tried to make an underground level that maintained the spirit of SMB, but that was still easy for new players: 875D-0000-018E-2E53.
    Last edited by drich255; 15-01-16 at 09:15.

drich255 Guest

Now that I have all the tools unlocked, I tweaked my Tetris Themed level and re-uploaded it (mostly the same, but should be a touch easier):

053A-0000-01F9-F310 - Platforming Among Tetrominoes 3
    Last edited by drich255; 17-03-16 at 07:39.

drich255 Guest

A challenging, but fun level I randomly discovered. Keep the Shell - 999A-0000-0119-1BBE

There is a check point half way, so you won't always have start from the beginning!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.