Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Super Mario Maker

drich255 Guest

Default Wii U Super Mario Maker

I haven't picked up Mario Maker yet, but probably will for Christmas. It sounds like a lot of fun, though I have no interest in playing the insanely difficult levels people have been designing.

Has anyone here had a chance to try it out? I imagine I will hear reviews of it in podcasts to come.

If you got levels to share, feel free to post them.

bjones371 Guest

I got it on release date, you get a really pretty art book packed in with the game, a nice touch. I've uploaded a couple of levels just because but I do get a lot of enjoyment from playing the levels others have made, though not the stupidly hard ones. There's a lot where jumps are totally blind and it just saps the fun out of it. You can exclude levels marked as extremely difficult though so at least they can be avoided!

You also occasionally get just enough lag between the console and the pad to make it a lot trickier to time things right, so I'd recommend playing on the TV.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Its worth buying the system for this one game, in fact they should have burned it to ROM and sold the Wii U sealed as the Mario Maker box.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    Its worth buying the system for this one game, in fact they should have burned it to ROM and sold the Wii U sealed as the Mario Maker box.
    It is a shame that it didn't come out earlier in the Wii U life-cycle. In the end, though, I prefer they take the needed time to release a quality game.

random_dave Guest

It's odd though that it does have the gamepad connection issue, I've heard a lot of people mention it.
    It seems it can also affect the timing of the buttons too, so the best solution is to use a pro controller and the TV for playing levels (or perhaps a wii classic controller if it's supported)

bjones371 Guest

I had the lag when playing on TV at first but managed to put that down to the TV over-processing stuff. Switching it to game mode and turning off the motion blur reduction and stuff like that helped.

random_dave Guest

Right, I've done some small levels with the limited tools available early on.
    They're kind of exploring some ideas I've been having for possible unique ways of doing something a little challenging, but fair, and maybe sowing the seeds for a grander plan once i have more stuff to do a series of challenge rooms

First short level - C72D-0000-0136-8DD8
    C72D-0000-0136-8DD8.jpg

Putting some 'room' ideas together, with a hint of lemmings towards the end - 6E4A-000-0145-D109
    6E4A-0000-0145-D109_full.jpg
    Last edited by random_dave; 28-12-15 at 02:43.

bjones371 Guest

I look forward to checking these out. Have you seen the unlock codes for some of the tools in the artbook?

I made a level shortly after the game came out, and I need to go back to making more. Don't remember the code for the level at the moment. I had one version made, and someone found a way to bypass a huge chunk of it. Had to re-upload it with about 3 additional blocks added to avoid the shortcut.

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bjones371 View Post
    I look forward to checking these out. Have you seen the unlock codes for some of the tools in the artbook?

I hadn't realised that's what they did, I thought they may just open some sample ideas levels

I have access to everything now that I found after spending a bit of time editing, and it says new stuff is coming, spam a load of blocks and then the stuff arrives, rinse and repeat

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.