2 40.00%
  • XBMC

1 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Sonos Vs Raspberry Pi

Blog Entries

Default Sonos Vs Raspberry Pi

The British IBM love Sonos, Ben Jones loves homemade audio using Raspberry Pi.

Who is correct?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Sonos is the best.

Blog Entries

What makes you say that Adrian?

Can you qualify your statement with a well thought out and intelligent argument?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

theBritishIBM Guest

Thumbs up

I agree with Aidy. I had a friend that once used a non-sonos system to listen to music around his house and he ended up catching bubonic plague. Our final conversation went something like this:

"Why? Why didn't I just get Sonos? Sure it might have cost a bit more but in the long run money isn't as important as a superior sound system."
    "I know old friend. I know."
    "The end is close now and I don't have much time left but I do have one final wish."
    "Anything old friend, just name it!"
    "Would you put on my favorite song. You know the one."
    "Sure thing! Let me just search for it and press play on the latest beta version of the app that you use to control your Raspberry Pi sound system"
    "cough splutter cough"
    "Hmmm, it's taking a little while to connect."
    "cough cough."
    "Right, it's connected but it's saying that it can't work with this this particular version of.. oh wait! It's playing I think."
    "Cough, I can't hear it!"
    "It's playing upstairs in the bathroom. I think the Pi in this room must have crashed or something. Two secs, I'll press the reset button."
    "There's no reset button, you'll have to..cough cough splutter...unplug it and plug it back in again."
    "Ah okay, doing that now."
    "You might have to get...cough cough..a monitor and plug it in and check that it's booted up okay. There's one in the..splutter.."

...and then he died. It was really sad.

Oh my God! That's awful, really sorry to hear about your friend but I'm curious, what was his favorite song?

theBritishIBM Guest

It was 'Can i touch you there?' by Michael Bolton. I'm not a fan myself but apparently there's quite a lot of crossover between Michael Bolton fans and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts.

Blog Entries

That was a very well thought out argument in favour of Sonos.

I wonder if Ben or any other Raspberry Pi fans have a counter argument to throw into this heady mix.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

Ubuntu roolz

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

bjones371 Guest

A very valid point, as much as I was interested in Sonos gear, I'm not sure I meet the requirements on the pretentious wankerism scale.

Plus, there's nothing the hot, twenty-something laydeez love more than a mysterious circuit board with wires coming out of it, so when they ask inquisitively what it does you can respond, cool as a cucumber: "You don't need to know what's that's for sweetheart, all you need to know is that I'm no crowd follower, I do my own thaaang", and then give her a cheeky wink.

Play that card and you'll be beating the females away with a shitty Sonos speaker you found in a bin.

All Your Base Guest

Chicks love the raw urban quality of a circuit board with wires and shit coming out of it. If you just have a nice looking minimalist speaker they just think of Bang and Olufsen and won't then sleep with you.