• Myst

0 0%
  • Broken Sword: The Shadow Of The Templars

1 16.67%

Thread: 2015.05 Top Ten Point n Click Adventures

Blog Entries

Default 2015.05 Top Ten Point n Click Adventures

Take your pick
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

I went for Broken Sword: SotT - I remember a long time ago my brother asked for help moving house, in the back of a games cupboard he had this on the PS1 and gave it to me but the disc wasdamaged so i never managed to get very far... years later that that but not that long ago i picked the game up on my Ipod at the time and played it on a 13 hour coach trip. i loved it! i really never managed to keep my attention span engaged when i play point and click adventres but this game was different.

I also have Secret of monkey island on the PS3 (PSN) but i got to a point where i need to rob a safe in a shop? to do that i need to remember what the combination is that the shopkeeper uses to lock the safe and fr the life of my i can never see the full combination??? I have a great ability to be patient with games and the harder they are the more inclinee i am to try and finnish them, im not far from a platinum trophy for Deamon souls for example... but i had to give up on that safe... i just can't see it, it goes to fast... so i left the game...

Another point and click i am fond of now but it isnt old is a game on GOG.com called Gemeni Rue... it's great and very atmospheric.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

I'm waaay behind on the podcast but wanted to see this list. No Gabriel Knight mentions? My favorite game series. Pity.

I would like to give honorable mention to the Humongous entertainment games.
    Putt putt (yes Disney stoled Cars from this title)
    Freddie fish
    Pajama Sam
    Spy fox (If you haven't tried any do this one!)

Though these are kids games they are so well done and I enjoyed playing along with my children.
    Nearly everything you click on has animation and the music voice acting and songs are simply great.
    If you have young children these titles are not to be missed.
    They are easly emulated by Scumm