Thread: The Classic-Gaming Bookcast

Default The Classic-Gaming Bookcast

I've taken my first dive into the "eBook" ocean. Thanks very much to Mike for announcing the book's release during the news segment.

Here's the description:

The Classic-Gaming Bookcast is an entertaining book about old video games. If you enjoy what's commonly known as retro-gaming, you'll have a lot of fun reading these forty game-specific chapters. The prose is lively, provocative and often humorous. The book even contains strategies, insights and philosophies, if you can believe my nerve. I didn't want it to be like any other game-related book out there. The inclusion of reader comments in the upcoming sequel is explained in the Prologue.

The featured games are on the following platforms:

Arcade (8)
    Atari 2600 Video Computer System (13)
    Atari Eight-Bit Computers (4)
    Atari Jaguar (1)
    Commodore 64 (4)
    Commodore VIC-20 (1)
    Magnavox Odyssey2 (1)
    Mattel Intellivision (4)
    Texas Instruments TI-99/4A (3)

I've gone with Smashwords as the main retailer, because it gives me control over the price; I'm therefore able to keep it low. Also, one purchase allows access to all formats, including .mobi for Kindle devices and .epub for most other popular reading gizmos.

For anyone interested who doesn't want to buy from Smashwords, it's also available at the following:

iTunes / iBooks:

Barnes and Noble:

(I won't be uploading to Amazon, because I disagree with their attempts at burying independent eBook retailers via the Kindle-exclusivity program. If I'd written another printed-and-bound book, for instance, I wouldn't want it sold at only one brick store. The book can still be read on Kindle devices, so I wouldn't be offering significant convenience to readers by allowing an Amazon entry.)
    Last edited by Chris++; 30-03-15 at 11:03.