Thread: BRAND NEW and STUNNING arcade game!

Vipp Guest

Default BRAND NEW and STUNNING arcade game!

Hi fellow RGR fans - I recently listened to and interview with the guys who are making a brand new Arcade game in mind of actually selling the boards/machines to private and commercial arcade collectors.

The game looks and sounds stunning!! I would LOVE to hear Scott and UK Mike have these guys appear on the podcast. Apparently it may have a 2 player mode however it's got a rich back story based on a lone traveler. The guys took the machine to a brewery in the states to see how it tested with a crowd and over 300 people turned up to play the game! that's a great start for these guys! Honestly they seem legit and super friendly - if they start a kick starter they may try to help new developers make brand new arcade games. I really think these guys should be promoted and spoken about.

They are also currently looking for programmers and artists to help with the project, proffessionals only so im screwed but i know we have a bunch of talented people here - Random Dave, Byte Knight, Sleepy eyed and so on - drop them a line if you think you can help.

Check out the website with lots more photos/info here
    http://tumblr.skycurser.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

ah ok, I posted this to news last podcast. The guys thought you had shared info on it before. I love everything about this.
    Here is a link with a bit of an update
    http://m.nuvo.net/indianapolis/the-a...nt?oid=3574952

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    ah ok, I posted this to news last podcast. The guys thought you had shared info on it before. I love everything about this.
    Here is a link with a bit of an update
    http://m.nuvo.net/indianapolis/the-a...nt?oid=3574952
    That's okay mate, i think i dropped the news right at the start of the guys going through the RETRO magazine period so i think they may have had too much on to do the story justice. I love the game and it's progression is fantastic. I think they guys should invite them onto the show asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    That's okay mate, i think i dropped the news right at the start of the guys going through the RETRO magazine period so i think they may have had too much on to do the story justice. I love the game and it's progression is fantastic. I think they guys should invite them onto the show asap.
    Yes would love to hear an interview with these guys.
    I'd love to be able to buy their game as a Marque, Bezel, Side Art etc and the Game itself. Would convert a cabinet over here in Oz into a dedicated Skycurser.

On a side note Vipp, just noticed you are from Midlands, I stayed in the UK for a year in 2000 and based myself in West Midlands lived and worked in the Walkabout on Broadstreet Birmingham also worked at Bimingham airport - awesome times.

Blog Entries

Wow a sentence with Birmingham and awesome in it.

Don't think I've seen that before.

How cute.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Haha, yeah safe to safe I was never Sober there. But loved it was central and easy to get to Wales, Scotland, London and Ireland.
    Plus the Brummie slappers loved them an Aussie bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Wow a sentence with Birmingham and awesome in it.

Don't think I've seen that before.

How cute.
    The US / California-specific equivalent to that would be something like...

"Wow a sentence with Fresno and awesome in it. Don't think ANYONE has ever seen that before."

Carry on...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.