Thread: Has Sony's US/NA branch abandonned the Vita?

1. Default Has Sony's US/NA branch abandonned the Vita?

Is it just me, or does it feel like the Vita, and PS Vita TV for that matter, have been abandonned?

My local Wal*Mart no longer stocks anything Vita. GameStop hides Vita games and accessories in the most obscure locations they have in every store. Target regularly has the Vita system in stock, but no games. Best Buy consistantly has games in stock, but no systems. Toys"R"Us dumped Vita back in the summer and no longer inventories any Vita products.

This is actually worse than Sony's support of the PSP. My local Target, K-Mart, and Toys"R"Us all actually have the PSP model 3000 in-stock, but no games or accessories.

And GameStop is the only retailer in my area with the Vita TV, and clearly they have no grasp on how to market it to anyone. As seems typical, NISA, Aksys, and XSeed are the only publishers making any effort to publish games for the system. Even this has me worried as one of NISA's two upcoming games will have a limited production run of physical copies, and those are nearly sold out just from pre-orders through their website alone.

If things keep on like this, there may come a day when we can only buy physical release Vita games by pre-ordering limited production runs direct from the publishers or by importing games from Asia and Europe.
    ~/\/\/\/\/\/\~
    View my current Game Gavel listings:
    https://www.gamegavel.com/sites/omega_supreme/

Blog Entries

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony abandoned the Vita TV/Playstation TV soon. I bought my playstation TV here in Korea because I thought it might be a cool thing to play some vita games on my TV. The sad thing is most of the Vita games still haven't been made compatible for the device. Korea has long since abandoned the device and it's difficult to find one for sale in Seoul. I saw tons of them for sale in my recent trip to Japan so there must be some kind of market for them in Japan but I highly doubt it's a very large market. The Vita TV I have is now a dedicated TXK device for me. Besides that game I also use it to play a handful of decent PlayStation mobile games. Even the number of psp games available is fairly small and uninteresting. I think the Vita will live on for a few more years but unless they start making more games available the Vita TV will be destined to have a short life in the U.S. just like it has here in Korea. The Vita TV is completely dead here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sony abandoned the Vita TV/Playstation TV soon. I bought my playstation TV here in Korea because I thought it might be a cool thing to play some vita games on my TV. The sad thing is most of the Vita games still haven't been made compatible for the device. Korea has long since abandoned the device and it's difficult to find one for sale in Seoul. I saw tons of them for sale in my recent trip to Japan so there must be some kind of market for them in Japan but I highly doubt it's a very large market. The Vita TV I have is now a dedicated TXK device for me. Besides that game I also use it to play a handful of decent PlayStation mobile games. Even the number of psp games available is fairly small and uninteresting. I think the Vita will live on for a few more years but unless they start making more games available the Vita TV will be destined to have a short life in the U.S. just like it has here in Korea. The Vita TV is completely dead here.
    Its called playstation TV here and it looks like it hasnt had great reviews. I have tons of PS1 games on the PSN so id pick it up for 30-35 maybe just toplay my psn stuff on a different tv to my downstairs set up. I did notice a lot of PSVita TVs on feebay that ship from S.Korea... Im shocked at how thin they are too.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.