Thread: The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback

Default The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback

Hey guys,

I just finished my Ultimate Intellivision Flashback project which involves stuffing a Raspberry Pi and Ultimate PC Interface into a Intellivision Flashback case. This allows for:

Beautiful full-screen HDMI output.
    Perfect sound emulation - the buzz is back!
    The ability to play all Intellivision games.

Full details of the project can be seen here.
    Intellivision and ColecoVision Flashback Upgrade Service - Upgrade your flimsy FB to the Ultimate Flashback!
    2600 Games - DK Arcade 2600, EMR II, Epic Adventure, CGE Adventures

Vipp Guest

Byte Knight this is brilliant mate, is this something an idiot like me could set up with instructions? The Raspberry pie is much cheape rthan the LTO Flash.

Blog Entries

Brilliant! We should get Todd on to talk about this next news!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Byte Knight this is brilliant mate, is this something an idiot like me could set up with instructions? The Raspberry pie is much cheape rthan the LTO Flash.
    Piece of cake. Detailed instructions of how to set up the emulator on the Pi can be found here. You'll also need an Ultimate PC interface if you don't already have one which is about another $70, so it may not be cheaper than the LTO Flash. But, you'll get HDMI output if you want to play it on a modern TV, and it looks awesome in 1080 resolution!
    Intellivision and ColecoVision Flashback Upgrade Service - Upgrade your flimsy FB to the Ultimate Flashback!

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    Brilliant! We should get Todd on to talk about this next news!
    Just tell me when to show up!

focusrs Guest

Now do this for the ColecoVision

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Now do this for the ColecoVision
    It should be doable - David Harley of intellivision.us has gotten a ColecoVision emulator up and running on the Pi, and his Ultimate PC Interface supports ColecoVision controllers. I never had a ColecoVision as a kid so I don't have much interest in doing this project. Intellivision was my first gaming system...

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Byte Knight View Post
    Piece of cake. Detailed instructions of how to set up the emulator on the Pi can be found here. You'll also need an Ultimate PC interface if you don't already have one which is about another $70, so it may not be cheaper than the LTO Flash. But, you'll get HDMI output if you want to play it on a modern TV, and it looks awesome in 1080 resolution!
    the LTO isnt going to give me HDMI tv access my good friend, this may just be the ticket. - i look forward to hearing you on the podcast talking about it all.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, Todd on a Podcast. Now where have I heard that before??????????????

http://www.idontliketypinginlongurls.com
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook