6 28.57%
  • River Raid - Atari 2600

6 28.57%
  • Hunter - Amiga

0 0%
  • Fishing Derby - Atari 2600

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 2014 - TOP 10 Activision Games That Aren't Pitfall or KABOOM!

Blog Entries

Skateboard games don't normally place anywhere for me, I just never think about them, but 720 is a true arcade classic!

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=6791
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jammajup View Post
    I have just downloaded the latest podcast and are looking forward to the debate on what could be a real interesting poll and Topm10
    For me personally I vote H.E.R.O by a long stretch followed by Chopper Command, I have never seen a bad port of H.E.R.O on any system.
    Any way I am off to listen now , PS the name of this podcast should be Top-10 Activision Games That Aren't Pitfall lol
    (Kaboom! seriously?)
    Keep up the good work guys
    Kaboom is ace. It's one of those rare games that gets to a blinding speed yet you still play it in a trance with only just enough space left in your conscious mind to wonder how on Earth you are possibly managing to keep up. It's the video game equivalent of an out of body experience.

Also, and this is part of why I have stuck with RGR over the years, while I absolutely respect and understand all of our esteemed hosts' picks my own are completely different to reflect my own personal and probably quite unusual taste in games. My four are

Portal
    Little Computer People
    Alter Ego
    and if you'll permit me compilations then Classic Text Adventures of Infocom. If not, then Labyrinth.

RFWarrior Guest

Great picks guys. I played the crap out of River Raid and Keystone Kapers back in the day. It's funny how back then everything was pretty much word of mouth, I never played Frostbite or Space Shuttle. It's why I love the show, I don't have countless hours to research stuff so I listen to the show, learn about some games I missed and go hunt them down. Keep up the great work!

drich255 Guest

UKMike, to help prevent cramping, buy some handle grips for the GBA SP. It turns it into more of a controller feel and is much more comfortable for adults. There are different brands, but I believe I have Yobo and it has lasted several years (you should be able to find them in a few different colors): http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-GAM...item4161d47cf8
    Last edited by drich255; 03-08-14 at 03:12.

Jammajup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
    Kaboom is ace. It's one of those rare games that gets to a blinding speed yet you still play it in a trance with only just enough space left in your conscious mind to wonder how on Earth you are possibly managing to keep up. It's the video game equivalent of an out of body experience.

Also, and this is part of why I have stuck with RGR over the years, while I absolutely respect and understand all of our esteemed hosts' picks my own are completely different to reflect my own personal and probably quite unusual taste in games.
    I know what exactly you mean Gordon I was pulling So Cal Mikes leg, if I remember correctly he has a thing for Kaboom!, I personally have a short attention span so stopping something hitting the floor even quickly makes me want to turn it off in under a minute lol, although it might be a case of needing to play it again with the hardware and paddles or mouse in emulation.

I've been playing an awful lot of destiny lately. Although I'm sure that isn't what you meant by "activision games".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drich255 View Post
    UKMike, to help prevent cramping, buy some handle grips for the GBA SP.
    Thanks, I picked up a similar one, I also got one for the DS with speakers built in and it also fits the 3DS in there too. I find the DPad on the 3DS really bad to use for long spells.

I have a great one for the PSP that contains a battery so you can get much longer mobile play out if it. It makes it feel like a Dual Shock with a screen.

Now I need one for my New 3DS. The screen on it are amazing though.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris++ View Post
    Something that sets Activision games apart from most of the other contemporary companies is that every good game has a twist that occurs after a few waves. Just as you're getting used to the controls and thinking, "Well, I've got this down," an additional element shows up, which is deceptively simple but which changes your entire approach to the game. Think of the polar bear in Frostbite, the small boat later in a Seaquest session, etc. Brilliant.

This is exactly what is missing from Kaboom!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12