Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexy Game Boy for UKMike

random_dave Guest

Default Sexy Game Boy for UKMike

I had a few hours spare on Sunday so I finally gave my old Game Boy Pocket a good clean, and whilst doing that threw in the nonfinite v2 backlight panel that i've had lying around for a while (it was intended for a wonderswan, but I never got around to it.

Anyway, at every UK expo there is a vendor that sells lots of modded Game Boys and UKMike is always saying he wants one, but won't pony up their rates, so I said I'd throw it together for him.

The only problem is, it looks really nice and plays even better and now I want to keep it! ;-)

If anyone gets the chance to get hold of one of the nonfinite backlights I heartily recommend them, they're cheap and really good, and the newer kits don't even require you to cut away the case (although it's only a minor amount that you have to do anyway) It's bloody easy, so everyone should do it, anyway, here are some pictures

In total, I paid 6.50 (inc postage) for the grimy game boy, nintendo soccer, and a blue game boy advance carry case and the backlight was about 11 (inc postage) so for the sake of an hour with minimal tool skills you can do it a lot cheaper than the 40 charged at the shows

Blog Entries

random_dave Guest

Perhaps, but it's not got that sexy Timex Indoglo electroluminescant glow that the light has

I need to eventually do a mod like this to my Gameboy Color, but I don't want to mess it up.
    No clue where my GB Pocket is.

random_dave Guest

i've been thinking about doing my color, but i'm not so keen on frontlighting, and end up using either one of the backlit gameboy advance's that i have or sticking the games i want to play on my flash cart to play on the gbmicro

I'm pretty sure that i have a couple of spare donor GBASP's though so there's probably no reason not to do it one afternoon if i get bored

I know I'm coming in way late, but that game boy looks great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Vipp Guest

Did UK Mike ever get his hands on the gameboy Random Dave? It is a nice screen, the difference is incredible.

random_dave Guest

Mike did indeed get it, and then I also modded UK Neil's gameboy color, which took a while as it used a glue that cured in UV light, which took about a week of the weak UK sun to set fully

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I did indeed get it and still use it for a quick blast of Tetris.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Piff Merkin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    I did indeed get it and still use it for a quick blast of Tetris.
    Mike, do you prefer Tetris games which save your score or or those that don't?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.