• Zaxxon (Colecovision)

0 0%
  • Minestorm 2 (Vectrex)

1 16.67%

Thread: April Top Ten Console Space Shooters

Blog Entries

Default April Top Ten Console Space Shooters

Have at it!
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

drich255 Guest

Thanks UK!

I think Astrosmash could have been a contender for the top 10.
    Last edited by drich255; 29-05-14 at 08:21.

drich255 Guest

I would add SolarStriker for the Game Boy as an honorable mention.

drich255 Guest

I've never viewed Descent as a space shooter. Technically it is, but for me it is more of a maze exploration and collection game. Nevertheless, it is a great game!
    Last edited by drich255; 29-05-14 at 08:27.

I immediately thought of the arcade version of Gyruss. Awesome music, innovative take on the shooter genre, and just plain awesome fun.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Vipp Guest

I enjoyed Decent - i will eventually buy the set from GOG but i really enjoyed Star Fox as a kid. I'm not a Nintendo fan really but Starfox was special and i enjoyed it a lot when i first played it. That's also the reason i picked up a 3DS, i really wanted to play the 3D Starfox, it wasn't brilliant. like most things from Nintendo recently it had a lot of hype, big shiny box and lots of pretty screen shots but the content was lacking and far to little for the price tag.

I just happened to get a Solaris this week.
    I think my vote would go to Galaga, and I haven't looked into the differences between the original and 88 to pick between the two. An honorable mention for me would be Life force.

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    I enjoyed Decent - i will eventually buy the set from GOG but i really enjoyed Star Fox as a kid. I'm not a Nintendo fan really but Starfox was special and i enjoyed it a lot when i first played it. That's also the reason i picked up a 3DS, i really wanted to play the 3D Starfox, it wasn't brilliant. like most things from Nintendo recently it had a lot of hype, big shiny box and lots of pretty screen shots but the content was lacking and far to little for the price tag.

As with mario kart i think the snes starfox is of much higher entertainment value than the N64 one, 3ds starfox multiplayer can be a good laugh though

Vipp Guest

I would like to play the Starfox multi player. - Also supermario kart on the SNES is one of my all time top games, i just can't get bord of that game. I may be a closet nintendo fan. Haha.