Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intellivisionaries episode 9 is up!

Default Intellivisionaries episode 9 is up!

Another "deep dive" game review, this time it's Beauty & The Beast from Imagic. We also have an interview with the programmer / designer Wendell Brown. We chat with Scott Schreiber and Mike James from Retrogaming Roundup about Classic Gaming Expo 2014. And we introduce a new segment "Questions For Keith", where we ask Keith Robinson of Intellivision Productions listener-submitted questions. Of course we have our usual news, listener feeback and mentions, and we even "Say Pow!" in this one! Huh?

http://www.intellivisionaries.com/

Vipp Guest

Does anybody know if Toys R Us in tje UK will be releasing the intellivision and cilecovision flashback consoles?

Vipp Guest

I'm not sure to be honest mate. I'm sure the Flashbacks are seen to be quite cheap and tacky to most brits so im not sure they will have made it into a store like T'r'U. In the UK Toys R Us is quite an expensive store.

drich255 Guest

Great questions for Keith! Glad you asked about future releases on new consoles. In a similar manner as the DS, the Wii U gamepad would work well for emulating the Intellivision keypad and overlays. The eShop would also be a great way for distribution and exposure. However, Keith made it clear that the business case needs to be there as well as crossing all of the legal hurdles.
    Last edited by drich255; 24-06-14 at 04:21.

drich255 Guest

As for financing a Wii U version, a Kickstarter project may be the way to go.

For now, of course, the spotlight will be on the Flashback consoles.
    Last edited by drich255; 24-06-14 at 04:34.

Blog Entries

I've seen the original Atari Flashback in Crack Generator over here and I bought a used one from the Leeds Video Game Market so they were available here somewhere.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Vipp Guest

I may sent AT Games an email and ask them if they have a UK distributor. If i can't get ine here would there be any chance that IF i can pay one of.the guys to pre order me one and take it to CGE that you might bring it home with you UK Mike ? That way i could collect it from you at retro revival? No worries if thats not possible, i dnt want to take the piss.

focusrs Guest

dont worry vipp. like all the other flashbacks there will be tons of them out there. will make sure you get one of each

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast