Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP Hacking

bjones371 Guest

Yeah it's surprising how many roms and PS1/P games you can cram on to 32GB of storage sleepyeyed! I've gone back to the original hardware a lot more lately as I'm not away from home as much, but PSP still lying in wait!

Agreed Leathco, the faster load times from the memory stick over UMD make it worth it as well, plus increased battery life from not having a disc spinning and laser moving back and forth all the time! PSP wasn't the best designed console ever really, thank god for the modding community, and for the fact Sony left the digital signatures for PSP games laying around in plain text somewhere in PS3 firmware

The Psp is amazingly versatile and I believe a must have system for handheld retro emulation. In my experience the PSP 3000 is my favorite system with a better screen and slightly better controls- but they are all good. I know it is not really flashed like the older systems and there might be some incompatabilty, but I have never encoutered any. The PSP's are so cheap to buy and you can get the micto sd to memory stick adapters for cheap.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Computarman View Post
    The Psp is amazingly versatile and I believe a must have system for handheld retro emulation. In my experience the PSP 3000 is my favorite system with a better screen and slightly better controls- but they are all good. I know it is not really flashed like the older systems and there might be some incompatabilty, but I have never encoutered any. The PSP's are so cheap to buy and you can get the micto sd to memory stick adapters for cheap.
    I agree mate, The PSP is amn emulating powerhouse on the move! For years now i have used it for MP3 playing to and from work, All the retro systems i love for playing whilst travelling or when im at expos and i find a game on sale that i haven;t seen before i load it up on the PSP and give it a blast to see if i fancy buying it. Also UMD's if we stay at hotels or if i have to stay over for the night at work i will add a few movies or TV shows to the PSP and i have entertainment for the night, it really is one of the pillars of our retro gaming community. Thanks Sony!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Computarman View Post
    I agree mate, The PSP is amn emulating powerhouse on the move! For years now i have used it for MP3 playing to and from work, All the retro systems i love for playing whilst travelling or when im at expos and i find a game on sale that i haven;t seen before i load it up on the PSP and give it a blast to see if i fancy buying it. Also UMD's if we stay at hotels or if i have to stay over for the night at work i will add a few movies or TV shows to the PSP and i have entertainment for the night, it really is one of the pillars of our retro gaming community. Thanks Sony!

Blog Entries

I love my PSP.
    It's the only system I've brought to the US with me.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

bjones371 Guest

My favourite handheld of all time, sure there's been more innovation with the 3DS and the Vita touch pads, but for versatility, reliability, and probably even looks, the PSP wins it (except that PSP Go, that thing was hideous).

We should probably be thanking the guy at Sony who left the digital signatures for PSP applications in plain text within the PS3s OS, which is why it's so easy to run homebrew on there!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12