Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally found a Famicom adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    The ones with an adapter will feel a bit heavier than a regular cart.
    I couldn't readily tell the weight difference when I compared a cart with the adapter in it vs. one without. I went by how the pins on the end of the cart looked. There's a tiny prong that comes off the end of the contact pins and if they're offset to the left then it's more than likely there's an adapter in it. If the pins have the prong coming straight down the middle of the contact then there's no adapter. It's good to have a light and a good set of eyes in order to see the contacts in a closed cart. I'm sure I looked pretty odd starting down the barrel of multiple Gyromite carts at the store.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

focusrs Guest

i look at the edge connector. offset pins usually have the adapter. i have found many this way. its fun to listen to the shop owners tell you that the cart works multiple times as you stare at the edge connector

I lucked into an adapter when I bought some games from a collector a few years ago. Mine was in Pinball. That Pinball cartridge turned out to be a very early manufacturing date, with the Famicom adapter inside, and is also in the most beautiful cosmetic condition I've ever seen. It was pure luck, none of that was advertised.
    I was surprised that the seller either didn't know about this, or didn't care. I don't think he was selling off his collection, he was just selling duplicates and this was one of his dupes.
    Although not a valuable game, it's such a beautiful example of a very early cartridge that I'm keeping it in a poly bag just to protect it from ever getting scratched.

That's the only problem. It's in such beautiful condition I feel guilty actually using the thing. I'm afraid if I actually start swapping boards out of it to utilize the adapter, I may end up scratching it up.
    I suppose the solution would be to move the adapter into a different, more raggedy 5-screw shell. I assume all 5 screw cases can hold the adapter, even if they didn't come with one.
    Last edited by gdement; 27-03-14 at 07:09.

Finding an adapter in a pinball cart is pretty rare. Nice find. I think moving the adapter to a different cart is the smart move if you plan on utilizing it. Better yet you could keep an eye out for another cart with an adapter in it and not mess with your prisrine pinball cart. I'm toying with the idea of finding more adapters and tossing them up on ebay for a small profit. If I do I'll let people here know first and only charge a dollar or two more than what the cart cost me plus shipping.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12