Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just joined the Intellivision Club!

Yeah I'm not sure what I have extra in my collection currently. Maybe some solo cartridges, but nothing complete in box. I got rid of the duplicate games that were in worse shape last year.

I actually had the crazy idea of having polo shirts done for CGE with the running man where the alligator would be. Then our name just underneath. Not sure how much that would have cost though.

Vipp Guest

42 cart's is a lot but that must be close to the complete set right? I need to get the RGB conversion done to the intellivision so my new tv will pick her up, at the moment the only old tv we have has a tiny screen. Do you guys know what the success rate is of the RGB conversion? i would hate to risk losing the machine in a mod.

focusrs Guest

this is the one I did on my intelly II
    http://wiki.intellivision.us/index.p...o_Modification
    but I will defer to the Intellixperts on this one as I am new to the system and dont know all the ins and outs like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    42 cart's is a lot but that must be close to the complete set right? I need to get the RGB conversion done to the intellivision so my new tv will pick her up, at the moment the only old tv we have has a tiny screen. Do you guys know what the success rate is of the RGB conversion? i would hate to risk losing the machine in a mod.
    There were 125 games originally released. Many more now.

How are you connecting it now? With an RF "game / TV" switch box? (like it was done back in the day). Or are you using one of those tiny RCA to coaxial adapters? They work better. Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028M...&pi=SX200_QL40

And if you are using an adapter like that, an alternative method to connect it to a more modern TV (that doesn't have its own coaxial "cable" input) is to first connect the Intellivision to a VCR through the coaxial input, then connect the VCR to your TV with either composite cables, or, if available, S-video. So the Intellivision signal runs through the VCR to the TV.

As far as the mod... when you say RGB I assume you mean the composite mod? I have done a couple - the Intellivision I use for grabbing all the game sounds for The Intellivisionaries is one of them.

I haven't had any issues. I've purchased a board that was more or less assembled (very similar to the design Focus linked to), and then I installed it. There are about 10 solder joints to do, plus a couple small holes to drill for the RCA jacks.

The only problem I ran into on the "show Intellivision" was that the small ribbon cable that connects the power supply to the main board was so old and brittle that it literally crumbled to pieces when I tried to remove it. You have to disassemble the console and remove the boards to do the mod.

It's also a bit of a pain to desolder all the metal shielding that encases the main board (and then solder it back together when you're done).

Vipp Guest

Thanks for the info Nurmix, i was having a good chat with Focus on skype and he told me about the VCR hook up way of getting the Intellivision onto my modern tv so i will go that route as most VCR's are a few dollars in the UK at the moment. I would rather keep her as original as i can to be honest.

at the moment i am running it from Kerry's old university TV, my modern TV does have a RF output/input however my TV thinks it's bloody Einstein and won't let me search for the analogue signal myself so i was having issues tuning it in.

EDIT: i have now tuned the Intellivision into my modern TV with a little Atari trickery however the sound is really really bad, well no computer sounds at all just static. still i have a VCR here somewhere i will attach soon.
    Last edited by Vipp; 16-03-14 at 06:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Thanks for the info Nurmix, i was having a good chat with Focus on skype and he told me about the VCR hook up way of getting the Intellivision onto my modern tv so i will go that route as most VCR's are a few dollars in the UK at the moment. I would rather keep her as original as i can to be honest.

at the moment i am running it from Kerry's old university TV, my modern TV does have a RF output/input however my TV thinks it's bloody Einstein and won't let me search for the analogue signal myself so i was having issues tuning it in.

EDIT: i have now tuned the Intellivision into my modern TV with a little Atari trickery however the sound is really really bad, well no computer sounds at all just static. still i have a VCR here somewhere i will attach soon.
    I figured VCRs were dirt cheap over there just like they are here. I have several old ones stashed away.. just in case.

Diagamblic Guest

Congratulations! I'd love a real inty - the retro game shop down the street actually has games! If anyone has a good deal on one let me know! eBay just had one sell for $58 but it was $50 shipping so I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    Congratulations! I'd love a real inty - the retro game shop down the street actually has games! If anyone has a good deal on one let me know! eBay just had one sell for $58 but it was $50 shipping so I passed.
    Thank you buddy. I didn't know if i would like the hardware to be honest but now i have one i doubt i will let it go, Now my Atari and Intellivision share a shelf.

If you can mate it would be nice to see some photos of that store with its inty games, if i ever saw an intellivision or atari game on sale in a shop here i would question reality itself.
    Last edited by Vipp; 18-03-14 at 01:04.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    What are some "must have" games for you, Vipp - besides The Dreadnaught Factor?
    To be fair mate you are right about me not being fussed about the sports titles, i was going to sell them to make money for the games i was itching to play. Here are the games i reaqlly want to play. there are a few others but my roms don't work most of the time so these are games i have played a bit of an ywan tto see more. Microsurgeon i havent played at all and want to play it just as much as Dreadnaught.

Bomb Squad
    Dracula
    Lock 'N Chase
    Microsurgeon
    Tron Deadly Discs
    Utopia

Im not sure if these titles are expensive rare deleted and so on mate so if i have listed some crazy game that fetched $2000 a cart just ignore them. lol. but that list above is what id like to play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.